Injury Update: Pre Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With the countdown to the new season well and truly underway, we bring you the latest out of Sea Eagles injury ward ahead of the New Year.

Star centre Steve Matai is on the road to recovery after undergoing surgery last week to repair his injured shoulder.

Matai, who is renowned for his heavy hitting despite a long history of shoulder problems, will commence rehab in early December in a bid to be fit for the start of the 2015 season.

His left-sided accomplice, Jorge Taufua, has started running after he too recently came back from shoulder surgery. The damaging winger, who has scored 40 tries in 65 appearances, will resume fieldwork at the beginning of the New Year.

Front-rower Brenton Lawrence went under the knife to remove loose cartilage in both his knees and is likely to start running after the Christmas break.

Jamie Buhrer will begin running in mid-December following surgery to repair the ruptured ACL he suffered in round 25 last season. The back-rower is hopeful of a return for Manly’s season opener.

After undergoing minor shoulder surgery, James Hasson has made a full recovery and returned to full training this week.

Front rower Jake Trbojevic is on the mend from a serious ankle injury and will continue to be monitored after returning to full training. The promising Manly junior and NSW U20’s Origin representative suffered the injury in round 15 this year while playing for Manly’s NSW Cup side.

Tyson Andrews had a routine clean out of his knee in October and will return to training in mid-December.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/11/25/injury_update_pre_season_.html

Only thing that concerns me there is Lawrence, having knees cleaned out at his age isn't a good thing.

Hopefully Jorge has had some spacial knowledge added with his shoulder surgery.

Jake Turbo's been sidelined a long time.
That's not great.

Had him on the bench but I guess he's giving others a bit of a start.

Why did Matai only have his surgery last week? Surely that's about six weeks later than it should have been?

I thought Matai's problem was with his neck. No wonder they can't fix him up, they keep operating on his shoulder. Bloody public health system.

:p

Any news on DSM5??

COMMANDER said:
Only thing that concerns me there is Lawrence, having knees cleaned out at his age isn't a good thing.

Hopefully Jorge has had some spacial knowledge added with his shoulder surgery.

And the ability to jump ;)

Good informative article. It's a pity this sort of info isn't as forthcoming during the season proper, but I can understand why they want to play ducks and drakes a bit with injured players.

Chip and Chase said:
Good informative article. It's a pity this sort of info isn't as forthcoming during the season proper, but I can understand why they want to play ducks and drakes a bit with injured players.

With the new broome getting rid of the deadwood maybe the communication with fans and members will be different in 2015

Communication with fans and members is all well and good, but, ... (for example) from memory the Arko years were not marked by communication with fans and members, they were marked by multiple premierships (which is why I became a fan and member).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2