Injuries are killing us.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
I know we have some issues with determination, harmony, owners, managers, zorba, the angles, sponsors, the coach, the halves, goal kicking,the forwards, the pitch at Brooky, the L90 etc.... But I can't remember a season opening wher we have had so many injuries to our starting side.

Have we even fielded the same back line for more than 10min this season?

I know the sky is falling but when we get fully fit and playing more games at Brooky, I think we might have more of a shake.
I'm really hoping I'm right cause all this losing is really not enjoyable.

I was wondering earlier today about whether the NRL - or at least the Players Association (lol) do research or keep figures about injury trends in NRL.

It certainly seems they may be more injuries these days, and we aren't the only club affected. It is more common for some player to be hurt in every match than none be hurt.

It has been the absolute worst start to the season we could've possibly imagined. These injuries are mind boggling.
Matai, Gutherson, Taufua, Foran, Lyon, Starling, Buhrer, Lawrence and Leary miss entire games, Mateo went off on Saturday and DCE was playing injured.
I know it's an excuse but it's a valid one, take out both centres, a winger, 5/8, 2 props and a back rower out of any nrl team at some point during the first four rounds and they'll struggle. The fact we have to shuffle the team every single ****ing week is insane.
Saturday nights performance was still horrid, I've hardly seen Manly play worse.
I know we'll be missing a few for more weeks to come, I'm just hoping we can get some consistency in who we start. Let Lyon and Matai have a few weeks, play Williame and Hiku (yeah, I know they're nowhere near as good). Give Sao and Trbojevic tons of minutes, they're both good for it. And please, football Gods, no more injuries and distractions at the club.

It would be nice to have the same team run out and finish together. Poor Tooves has has to shuffle back rowers into the centres every game this year.

Injuries are part and parcel of the game and we have had a good run over the last few years. This is when character is needed to win you games and our guns have to lift their games now, the question is do they have the desire to??

No team wins the premiership without a good run of injuries.

We are having that problem fight now, if we get back close to fit then we should win enough games to make the 8 before bombing out which is par

I know we have some issues with determination, harmony, owners, managers, zorba, the angles, sponsors, the coach, the halves, goal kicking,the forwards, the pitch at Brooky, the L90 etc.... But I can't remember a season opening wher we have had so many injuries to our starting side.

Have we even fielded the same back line for more than 10min this season?

I know the sky is falling but when we get fully fit and playing more games at Brooky, I think we might have more of a shake.
I'm really hoping I'm right cause all this losing is really not enjoyable.
The problem is that if the season is not already over for us, by the time we get the guys back and " firing" the season will be done. If you look at our next 6 games we are likely to be only 2 or 3 wins from the first 10 games ..... 2/10 ... gorrne....

To expand on that we have used about 25-28 players a year during our succesful years recently.

So far this year we have used 24 with some sidelined before round 1

I heard that nobody has won the gf using more than 28 players i think, not saying we were going to win it but it speaks as to how teams go overall when injuries are taken into account.

I heard that nobody has won the gf using more than 28 players i think, not saying we were going to win it but it speaks as to how teams go overall when injuries are taken into account.

It certainly sounds like something that could be true and makes a lot of sense.

Fact of the matter is 6 players who would be in our starting side are currently injured. Enough said. Rough patch. Gotta see it through tho!

The riff had heaps of injuries last season but they still went ok
That's because unlike our pack they have replacement forwards with line speed make ground every time they hit it up and drive players backwards when they tackle . As long as the forwards don't capitulate like ours did against the Dragons they give their team a chance to be competitive

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have been dealt another blow with front-rower Brenton Lawrence to undergo surgery on his back later this week.

The surgery will go a long way to ensuring the prop forward will continue to be a force for some time, but will mean a long stint on the sidelines and in rehab.

In other injury news, skipper Jamie Lyon will be assessed again later this week in hope that his groin strain settles and he is able to play this Saturday.

Meanwhile, Feleti Mateo, who was injured in a very awkward tackle in the second half in Wollongong, is awaiting scans on his ankle to assess the extent of the damage. He is likely to miss out on this week’s clash against the Raiders in Albury.

Front rower Josh Starling is facing another month-long spell on the sidelines after re-injuring his same knee in the Round 4 loss to the Dragons. It’s a cruel blow for the young prop, who had done everything to ensure he was fully recovered before taking to the field on Saturday night.

Jorge Taufua's road to recovery is continuing, with the winger set to commence running this week.

Clinton Gutherson is undergoing rehab from his ACL injury that was sustained during the Round 1 loss to Parramatta.

Steve Matai will undergo a fitness test on his shoulder later this week to prove himself before this weekends clash and back up centre Tony Satini is a couple of weeks away from returning from his shoulder injury.

Lastly, Blake Leary remains a week-to-week prospect with his troublesome back but remains hopeful of returning to the field sooner rather than later.

Seems are back ups are injured as well. Wolfie must be in contention for a call up

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4