Inglis myth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing is about the review committee, they are a gutless bunch of idiots. Last weekend Mad Dog raised his knee into a cows player, Tonga I think, player off due to sternum injury, blatant, replayed on the tellie, nothing done. Nothing will be done with fat slug.

What about a policy that if a player is injured during an illegal tackle, the offending player must sit out for, at minimum, an equal amount of time as the injured player?

codewana said:
What about a policy that if a player is injured during an illegal tackle, the offending player must sit out for, at minimum, an equal amount of time as the injured player?

Nope. Someone could make a worse tackle but the bloke not get injured. The AFL have been heading down this track this season with their "sling" tackle. Its made it more of a laughing stock than it was. Injury to the player shouldn't be a factor when determining a players punishment.

As for GI. Can do some unbelievable, freakish things, but he's just not worth the money. Especially in a team like the bunnies who need him every week.

Thus the "at minimum" part of my post. If its bad but no injury, it could be as long as the judiciary deem worthy.

codewana said:
Thus the "at minimum" part of my post. If its bad but no injury, it could be as long as the judiciary deem worthy.

The only problem is that it could be used tactically. Say we play a team and Foran causes an injury to some unknown under 20's fill in player, they are out for say 5 weeks, but its 7 weeks until we play them again. Now this guy is no big loss so they sit him on the sideline for 2 extra weeks so they can play us without Foran.

Not saying it will happen like that, but given the problems we already have with club doctors not doing the right thing by players I would rather not have a system in place which gives them and the club any more power to rort the game.

Rusty said:
codewana said:

The only problem is that it could be used tactically. Say we play a team and Foran causes an injury to some unknown under 20's fill in player, they are out for say 5 weeks, but its 7 weeks until we play them again. Now this guy is no big loss so they sit him on the sideline for 2 extra weeks so they can play us without Foran.

Not saying it will happen like that, but given the problems we already have with club doctors not doing the right thing by players I would rather not have a system in place which gives them and the club any more power to rort the game.

I suppose to rectify this there could be an unbiased doctor who gives his/her medical opinion on the issue. If the under 20s guy is fit to play, but the team wants to rest him, then he is no longer injured and so Foran would be ok to play.

codewana said:
[I suppose to rectify this there could be an unbiased doctor who gives his/her medical opinion on the issue. If the under 20s guy is fit to play, but the team wants to rest him, then he is no longer injured and so Foran would be ok to play.
Bit hard for a Dr to rule on say a back injury if the player says he is still in pain and what happens if it is a career ending injury?

Agree that present system not perfect but nothing is really.

Utility Player said:
what happens if it is a career ending injury?

Then they get about as long as Hoppa got for welcoming Galloway to Broovale Oval. Technically he got 16 weeks but in reality he got booted out of the game.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6