Inglis looking at 5 weeks. 8 players charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz Crackers said:
COMMANDER said:
I don't know why teams don't go out of their way to rough Inglis up and niggle him. He always reacts like he thinks he'd be above that sort of attention.

Give him a good facial in the first tackle and watch him come up swinging.

We need more Travis Burns tackles on Inglis.

More Les Boyd on Darrell Brohman like tackles on Inglis

Jethro said:
HappilyManly said:
Dont understand why Travis has such a huge loading.

Maybe they have forgotten that he no longer plays for Manly

Not surprising with Burns being a relative no name that judiciary haven't hesitated to throw the book at him.

They are all out to get inglis off. Nrl xtra was in overdrive saying it was a fairy tap and all Deans fault. He will get downgraded and the Burns thing is a diversion. If Matai did that hit it would have been a life ban or the end of his career in the NRL. Poor old Greg though its just not his go, hes just so tall and Dean young shouldnt have ran towards him so fast and he also should have been looking at him the silly bugger. Young should be suspended when you think about it.

Because of the referee blunders in not dealing with high tackles appropriately and the constant media reports screaming that something should be done plus coaches questioning various decisions the nrl have decided to wield the big stick.

Now some of these penalties handed out might seem a bit excessive but they have reacted to the above and said to the players that from now til the end of the season high tackles or foul play are going to see perpetrators sitting on the sideline for extended periods..

I know it was a bad tackle from Travis but I still can't see it being worth 12 weeks. I think the base points for that particular charge is 750 points so he's copped at least 450 points with loading. His best chance of having that reduced is not getting it downgraded from a grade 3 but trying to get it down from intentional to reckless. Getting it downgraded from intentional to reckless could be as many as 4 matches but only from grade 3 to 2 is 1 match.

Like Matai, Burns is paying the price for multiple similar charges. The tackle doesn't deserve anything more than 4 weeks but he never learns and now pays the price.

Burns had a 70% loading so that's why he's up for 12 weeks.

Lets hope Toovey has told Matai to leave the big hits at home because he could be outed for a very long time if he now tries a big hit and gets it wrong.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Travis Burns is no saint. In fact, he's bordering on a grub! But only just.
Cameron Smith is a grub, so is Bellamy. Ennis is a grub and two years ago Paul Gallen would overshadow these guys as the game's BIGGEST grub!

The spectators call to get the grubs out of the game and rightly so.
But 12-17 weeks for a little twist and a bit of a head thump?

Yep, he IS a grub but the twist & thump are not worth that long.

Imagine how damaging T-Rex would be if he half of Travis' mongrel?
I've always admired that he is such a firecracker for someone so small. He does a mountain of tackling, always gives 100%, but he has become a liability through indiscipline.
I hope this is not the end of his career.

lismore_fan said:
Travis Burns is no saint. In fact, he's bordering on a grub! But only just.
Cameron Smith is a grub, so is Bellamy. Ennis is a grub and two years ago Paul Gallen would overshadow these guys as the game's BIGGEST grub!

The spectators call to get the grubs out of the game and rightly so.
But 12-17 weeks for a little twist and a bit of a head thump?

Yep, he IS a grub but the twist & thump are not worth that long.

I was watching the Storm game the other night and how Smith didn't get done is beyond me.
Twisting players ankles left, right and centre. Also did the calf muscle thing that Manu did.
He got warned about it twice.
Surprised no has got up and put one on his bum chin

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7