****ing rain -> leaking roof

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So I woke up at 3:30 this morning with water dripping on my leg, which soon turned into more of a torrent. So yea my roof was leaking through the light and onto my bed, fantastic,

Some quick work with a bag some tape and some plastic bottles diverted the torrent into a bucket.

Now I woke up this morning to find my real etate is closed for the long weekend, I can not get hold of the usual handy man and the roof is still leaking.

My next question is, who do I call for this?
The SES?

Any ideas?

You could give the SES a go.

Do you live in a house. Do you know where the roof is leaking?

If you are in a house and know where its coming from, get up and throw silicon everywhere near the leak.

I live in a very tall townhouse, the drop is pretty far from the rooof so dont think I would risk it to be honest with you.

Have called SES and am awaiting their call now, not much else I can do since the real estate aren't helping whatsoever

My neighbour broke his neck last week after falling from the roof where he was putting silicon into holes.

Keep that in mind Dan.

Absolutely, there is no chanc i am climbing up there, not with my dodgy knee as well. SES are on there way to tarp the roof and I can stay at Leannes house until it is repaired, So all is good, just frustrating that I have to sit here in the dark untl it dries because it is flowing through light fittings :)

What are you sitting in the dark for when you could be having fun at Leanne's house?

A bloke your age - I wouldn't be calling the SES for several days yet.

Leanne was at work yesterday on the pub treck busses, The SES were kind enough to wake me up at 5am this morning to come fix it and jsut left, Now its time t try and get some sleep since I only got home at 4

The SES were kind enough to wake me up at 5am this morning to come fix it

i don't know if you're being sarcastic or not Dan, but I would have to say that they damn well are kind enough. Here you are, not being able to use your lighting and you have teams of volunteers working around the clock to help out people like you. If they weren't working around the clock, how many more days do you think it would have taken them to get to you?

Life sucks for you, you had to wake up. Most of those guys that were helping you out, without getting paid a cent, probably haven't been woken up in the last 24 hours at least because they haven't had a chance to go to bed in the first place.

Sometimes it just seems like you whinge for whinging's sake, because if they weren't working around the clock and it did take them another couple of days to get to you you'd be complaining about that!

If you wanted it done quicker, I daresay they would have been happy to get to your place if you were working with them in the first place. Not that that seems to happen as you would probably have a change of attitude, like the volunteer bush fire fighters that drive straight past their own house on fire to go and try and save someone else's home.

At least be thankful for the help.

he might have meant he was happy they could get it done at all?

or am I just too glass half full at this moment :)

he might have meant he was happy they could get it done at all?

or am I just too glass half full at this moment :)

I'll go with the latter, seeing as he's telling us about how he only got home at 4. It's funny, isn't it, how when you call the State EMERGENCY Service that they come as soon as they can? Maybe he meant to call the State "Business Hours" Service.

Dan: I just hope for your sake that you didn't give them any trouble.

It is a shame the SES didn't give you a call to say that they were comming around to fix your roof.

You could have perhaps got a lift with them as well.

The SES were kind enough to wake me up at 5am this morning to come fix it

Thank you for the rant but I was in actual fact being genuine that they were nice enough to come fix it.

Called me at 5am and came around at 7:30 there was no sarcasm there, but I like your speech you should save that for later, that **** could come in useful somtime

Gee Dan has been very quiet of late!

I have no internet at home, I cut it off on sunday because we are getting a new connection, that and I was out all sunday arvo and monday, buying a new bed to replace my sopping wet old one.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4