In your opinion .. Seib's biggest challenge is ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The fact is that...... IT IS a results driven business

Another fact is our last sacked three coaches failed to achieve a top 8 result

The final fact is without our so called arsehole owner to back us we would be all shtting in a Colostomy bag !
front-view-colostomy-pouch-skin_600x600.jpg
That is true and that's why I said Seibold's major challenge is Penn.

If you can't see what is wrong with a Manly "supporter" .. childishly saying he has been, and is death riding the team ... because he doesn't like the owner ... then there is nothing I can do to help you ... may God have mercy on your pitiful soul.
If the team plays poor each season Penn may sell up and leave. That's what's holding this club from moving forward.

If the team plays poor each season Penn may sell up and leave. That's what's holding this club from moving forward.
If Penn wanted to hold back the club from moving forward
He would have held on to Trent Barrett who nearly got us the spoon

Penn may not be perfect but he never got his club the Wooden spoon like Nick Politis did at the roosters

NO ... he will sack the coach ... And start again .. you really haven't been paying attention. .. have you.

And I don't want to discuss your pathetic justification for hoping we lose ... the only thing stopping me from telling you what I really think of you is .. good manners ... and the fact I would probably get banned for 12 months.

Why do you classify a change of coach (after 4 seasons) as "impatient" ... or a rebuild? .... there has been no panicked buying and sacking of players ....

And the game has changed ... with the ease of player movements today ... anybody applying for a job that says .. "I have a 5 year plan" ... would be laughed out of the joint ...

Look at the re-build at Tigers in just 6 months .... might take 2 years to settle down and tweak ... but that is the sort of action that is possible ....

We haven't needed the mass changes ... a couple of smart buys for next season and we will be contenders ...
Long term i feel it is good for Manly to see success under a coach not really having a long history with the club so we can modernize the way we play, train and even run the club to a certain degree.

In saying that the previous year Manly were seen as the entertainers(yes an underlying softness and flat track bully also) and at the end of 2021 going into 2022 the talk about Manly and growth in sponsorship off the back of the previous year was all the headlines.

The jump in performances since the Barrett years can't be denied, yes Manly were overly reliant on Tom but the team was growing and starting to perform without Tom in 2022 until things turned sour.

To me "performance wise" Des didn't deserve the sacking, from a technical side i could see things needed to change eventually in the way the place is run to be more professional and ahead of the curve.

I still feel if Manly could of retained Foran or Walker for 1-2 more years 2023 would of been a very good year given the growth in the team playing without Tom for extended periods but in all honesty change was near anyway regardless of performances.

Going from competing to being one of the benchmarks is a big jump and i don't think Des had it in him to repeat the prolonged benchmark like performances from 07 to 11.

If Penn wanted to hold back the club from moving forward
He would have held on to Trent Barrett who nearly got us the spoon

Penn may not be perfect but he never got his club the Wooden spoon like Nick Politis did at the roosters
That's true but since Penn took over the majority owner what exactly has Manly achieved? Some good years like 2021 and 2019 but Manly has had too much infighting during that time.

NO ... he will sack the coach ... And start again .. you really haven't been paying attention. .. have you.

And I don't want to discuss your pathetic justification for hoping we lose ... the only thing stopping me from telling you what I really think of you is .. good manners ... and the fact I would probably get banned for 12 months.
Sack the coach and start again? That means no stability which has been happening since 2015 and where has that got us?

Long term i feel it is good for Manly to see success under a coach not really having a long history with the club so we can modernize the way we play, train and even run the club to a certain degree.

In saying that the previous year Manly were seen as the entertainers(yes an underlying softness and flat track bully also) and at the end of 2021 going into 2022 the talk about Manly and growth in sponsorship off the back of the previous year was all the headlines.

The jump in performances since the Barrett years can't be denied, yes Manly were overly reliant on Tom but the team was growing and starting to perform without Tom in 2022 until things turned sour.

To me "performance wise" Des didn't deserve the sacking, from a technical side i could see things needed to change eventually in the way the place is run to be more professional and ahead of the curve.

I still feel if Manly could of retained Foran or Walker for 1-2 more years 2023 would of been a very good year given the growth in the team playing without Tom for extended periods but in all honesty change was near anyway regardless of performances.

Going from competing to being one of the benchmarks is a big jump and i don't think Des had it in him to repeat the prolonged benchmark like performances from 07 to 11.
With Foran you knew what you would get from him so moving him on could be one of the worst decisions the club has made recently unless Schuster performs well. With Walker I think Lawton can do the same job so I'm not too concerned with him going.

The fact is that...... IT IS a results driven business

Another fact is our last sacked three coaches failed to achieve a top 8 result

The final fact is without our so called arsehole owner to back us we would be all shtting in a Colostomy bag !
front-view-colostomy-pouch-skin_600x600.jpg
My Dad had a colostomy bag and was always a bit embarrassed by it. He was a wonderful man. So Bozo, **** off with your mindless rubbish. NOT FUNNY

With Foran you knew what you would get from him so moving him on could be one of the worst decisions the club has made recently unless Schuster performs well. With Walker I think Lawton can do the same job so I'm not too concerned with him going.
Lawton is capable that is for sure but i don't see him with that explosive point of difference that Walker can offer, he can certainly fill a middle link role though.

Foran plays technically correct and because of this once a platform is set his execution more often than not is spot on, good technique holds up under pressure.

That is the main difference between DCE and Foran, DCE has all the skills but poor technique and lacks a clear mind, Foran plays direct with a clear mind and confident in his technique even if his skillset is limited.

In a way Foran is Melb like---better to do the important things well and way more effectively than the rest over being average at all elements of the game and not confident your skillset holds up under pressure.

Lawton is capable that is for sure but i don't see him with that explosive point of difference that Walker can offer, he can certainly fill a middle link role though.

Foran plays technically correct and because of this once a platform is set his execution more often than not is spot on, good technique holds up under pressure.

That is the main difference between DCE and Foran, DCE has all the skills but poor technique and lacks a clear mind, Foran plays direct with a clear mind and confident in his technique even if his skillset is limited.

In a way Foran is Melb like---better to do the important things well and way more effectively than the rest over being average at all elements of the game and not confident your skillset holds up under pressure.
Agree with your assessment and that's why its scary to think that DCE and Schuster are both see what's in front of you type players. That's why Foran was always the perfect foil for DCE because he is structured and can game manage well.

I agree with TC in we need to move away from only a Manly legend can be our successful coach. Whilst it definitely is a better option, I have a gut feeling the impressive knowledge Seib has and the tough lessons he has learnt will really be good for the players.

We almost made the 8 with a busted team.

If we get a decent run of injuries it is a top 8 team...a full season of Tommy and who knows
One area it feels like Manly has to improve in is keeping players on the paddock. It's not only Tom, we seem to lose more than some other clubs.
Seibold seems like a thorough kind of guy who would look into every possible area of improvement, so fingers crossed with this one.

Is anyone more excited about Flanno than Seibs? Every time I feel optimistic about the year ahead I realise I'm thinking about what Flanno brings. Odd.

Is anyone more excited about Flanno than Seibs? Every time I feel optimistic about the year ahead I realise I'm thinking about what Flanno brings. Odd.
If we only had Flanno or Seibs I'd be more nervous but I think their skill sets compliment each other's very well. Seibs has a very extensive theoretical knowledge and Flanno has a proven track record as a hard nosed man manager. If they work well as a team they will bring out the best in each other and the players.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2