In two minds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

codewana

Reserve Grader
I'm in two minds about the game this afternoon.

On the one hand, we only lost by 8 points with a significantly depleted squad. We missed Stewart x2, Foran, Wolfman, Hoppa, Lussick (sp?) and King, but were still able to match the Broncos for the most part and especially in the second half.

That said, without Brett Stewart for the final series I think we will struggle when the other teams come out firing for finals footy. I hope Snake recovers in time for next Saturday night's game.

Most of the players tonight did very well. I'm impressed (as usual) with Lyon, Rose and Rodney who really gave their all. Buhrer really tried his guts out, but was penalised a bunch; I wonder if this is because he is not used to getting so much ball nor being as involved as he was this afternoon?

Speaking of being a little green, Oldfield is still a little way off being a proper footballer. I really rate the guy and think he has a great potential future, but that said, a finals series with him partnering Robbo on the wing (assuming BS is ok) will be a bit dicey on his side.

Now it is that time of the week where I admit, again, that I had judged Tony Williams way too early (and also incorrectly). As a forward, this guy is a gun. Surprisingly, the part of his game that I liked the most was when he made a mistake in the 58th (?) minute. Why did I enjoy his mistake? Because of what he did after. I've said in the past that it appears as though he doesn't really care, but he was definitely upset with himself for the pass to the sideline and I appreciated his reaction (@[bones]).

Enough rambling from me. Was an alright loss today, but I hope we get a fit Snake back into the team and give his brother another opportunity to play again this season.

Go Manly!

By the way, did Joe play in the second half?

torana355 said:
Well Junior just said we are the team to beat on Fox Sports.

That's great to hear. I think we have a real shot this year depending on the status of our squad.

How good is DCE? He had to organise almost all of the attack, and then pulled off some fantastic tackles.

I'm in no doubt we will give this a big shake now. That was a gutsy effort from all the players. Get Foran back in there and we would have gone even closer hopefully Snake and Hoppa. Oldfield is the only one who looks not up to it. Even see you later was really good.

Utility Player said:
I think if Robbo is on the wing in place of Oldfield then we save at least one of the try's the Broncos scored today.

Wolf or Robbo would have done that. Robbo is a machine in defense.

The Who said:
How good is DCE? He had to organise almost all of the attack, and then pulled off some fantastic tackles.

I can't believe I forgot about him! You're right TW - he gets my 3 this week.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7