In the box seat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I believe we are in the box seat to keep both our halves for one reason; we are the only club (out of all the possible threats) that can realistically have both players on the books, and they will want to continue playing side by side.

Yes, it is possible, but highly unlikely that another club would chase both players hard given how tight the cap is...we are at a luxury because these two guys already take up a huge chunk of our cap so it's not so hard for us...also what are the chances of them both agreeing on an alternative? They'd be better off staying put! I think they will want to continue developing their games with one another and push for a premiership; if the money is close between all parties (which I believe it would be), they'd be silly to pack everything up and forfeit the opportunity to play side by side as the best halves pairing in the game!

Don't tell the lurker.

It's true, gift and choc going means we would be the only club that could keep our halves together.

i believe the only reason they haven't resigned is because their respective managers have fielded vast expressions of interest and are waiting for formal offers as to compare to manly,

I believe we are in the box seat to keep both our halves for one reason; we are the only club (out of all the possible threats) that can realistically have both players on the books, and they will want to continue playing side by side.

Yes, it is possible, but highly unlikely that another club would chase both players hard given how tight the cap is...we are at a luxury because these two guys already take up a huge chunk of our cap so it's not so hard for us...also what are the chances of them both agreeing on an alternative? They'd be better off staying put! I think they will want to continue developing their games with one another and push for a premiership; if the money is close between all parties (which I believe it would be), they'd be silly to pack everything up and forfeit the opportunity to play side by side as the best halves pairing in the game!

I share your optimism. Good stuff.

One thing that needs to be considered is do you want to go and earn $1.2, $1.3m at the Titans or wherever, and win nothing and then get slammed when they not only don't win the comp, but don't make the 8.

Or do you want to earn still very very good coin (say $800k) to be in a position to win more premierships, which will only help your marketability, and have the chance to be part of a halves combination that many have said is the best of the last 20 years?

I also think you need to be mindful (or at least I would be), in this day and age of the image you project which will aid you for sponsorship, and for life after rugby league. If you win 5 premierships with Manly (okay I'm being conservative, they should both reach double digits) and go down as a LEGEND of rugby league......the sky really is the limit.

A very good point.

And weight is added when you consider that the point you make is most certainly one that would be kept undisclosed publicly by the club for obvious reasons.

One thing that needs to be considered is do you want to go and earn $1.2, $1.3m at the Titans or wherever, and win nothing and then get slammed when they not only don't win the comp, but don't make the 8.

Or do you want to earn still very very good coin (say $800k) to be in a position to win more premierships, which will only help your marketability, and have the chance to be part of a halves combination that many have said is the best of the last 20 years?

I also think you need to be mindful (or at least I would be), in this day and age of the image you project which will aid you for sponsorship, and for life after rugby league. If you win 5 premierships with Manly (okay I'm being conservative, they should both reach double digits) and go down as a LEGEND of rugby league......the sky really is the limit.
Hell no, not a positive post......Mods is that allowed on ST these days?????

Delete if you feel its inappropriate (the post NOT my comments)

Great post, that should be one of the main things to consider! Fair enough you want to try get the best deal but surely a successful career winning premierships and becoming a legend is more important than a few extra dollars at a bum club that's going to take your success away from you.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8