In Perspective about Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well, the season is over for Manly, with the crushing defeat at the hands of the minor premiers, Parramatta. Although disappointing, we need to look at a few things in perspective.

When Des Hasler took over his reigns back in 2004, he came out and announced that we would be rebuilding, and will be looking at something that resembled consistency. At the back end of this year, this was attained with 6 wins from 8 starts, and gave us all some hope for the 2005 campaign.

When 2005 rolled around, Des Hasler came out & mentioned pre-season that we would make the top 8, but wouldn’t realistically win the competition. I personally questioned that goal. We started the year on fire, which raised the level of expectation, then June 30 rolled around, and for whatever reason, we started to lose concurrently, and there were those of us (including me) that wanted change, wanted something better. Throughout this lean period, Des Hasler remained up beat, and consistently said we would make the top 8. Well, his projected goal was achieved, and he met all the hurdles he boasted he would meet at the beginning of this season.

After the Canberra loss, I decided that I would not question Des Hasler’s career path, but I WOULD question some of his decisions. And that hasn’t changed. The reason for this, is that Des Hasler has not ONCE over promised, and under delivered.

We now have to look forward, and of those of you who had the opportunity to catch Matt Orford & Steven Bell this past weekend, will realise what class, skill & experience we are attaining next year. I consider Matt Orford in the same ilk as Andrew Johns. A match winner.

Our biggest shortfall this year in my opinion, is our lack in ability to break the line out wide, and the inability of our centres to get our wingers quality ball. Another OBVIOUS deficiency is our attack, is the lack of skilful options we currently have. Matt Orford will create that.

Des Hasler has predicted that we will be a top 4 team next year. He hasn’t over promised, and under delivered yet, so I’m going to give him the chance.

BS. we had absolutely NO idea the last 10 weeks, he doesn't have what it takes to keep the team focused.

Delivering us a top 8 in this fashion was just "lucky" for him. Many teams fell over for him. Our standard of play is nothing short of shocking.

Well put Ryan,i agree wholeheartedly with your comment's.Next year if we are not a top 4 team with the addition of Orford & Bell then we have to question Des and his coaching ability.He has done a good job getting us out of the cellar and up with the top 8 side's this year.I look foward to 2006 and getting back to watching Manly at Brookie and elsewhere.Bring on 2006.

BS. we had absolutely NO idea the last 10 weeks, he doesn't have what it takes to keep the team focused.

Delivering us a top 8 in this fashion was just \"lucky\" for him. Many teams fell over for him. Our standard of play is nothing short of shocking.

I agree that we only made the semis because other teams fell over.

Ever since the game against Souths we have played terrible with the exception of a couple of games. We basically went backwards during the year.

Our defence on the whole is shocking and we have no pattern in attack. No second man plays or decoys etc. Basically we played the second half of the year like a Jim Beam cup team with a number of players who shouldn't be in first grade.

yeah but thats the point.

Other teams fell over, and fell over before us. That is the way the game goes. Yeah we fell over too but roosters, dogs and panthers fell over before us and fell over worse than us

Exactly Daniel.

I believe Byso is also calling for the head of Ricky Stuart.

Well done on putting some perspective back Ryan.

Shoo fly, look at the way we lost those games. We looked uncoached and totally out of touch.

You cannot say the same for the Roosters or Broncos.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4