In God (and Manly) he trusts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
THE Manly Sea Eagles are set for a heavenly season after being backed by the north shore’s new bishop.

getimage.aspx
Picture: ELENOR TEDENBORG
The Most Rev Peter Comensoli, who was appointed Bishop of the Diocese of Broken Bay just before Christmas and is based at Waitara Cathedral, donned a Manly scarf as he revealed his lifelong love of the team.

The bishop said he had been a fan of the Silvertails since he was seven – despite growing up in Wollongong.

Following services on a Sunday he can likely be found cheering on his team.

“I think initially it was a case of liking the colours,” he confessed.

“I watch the games on TV. I have only actually been to Brookvale once. I patted Graham Eadie on the back.”

Bishop Comensoli said one of his favourite players was Eagles legend Steve Menzies, on and off the field.

“He stayed with the club. He played tough, he was a damn good player but a good man,” he said.

The bishop, who once studied at the old St Patrick’s Seminary in Manly, offered his blessing to the players for the season and said he was interested to see how the new squad would perform against the Parramatta Eels on March 6.

“I will encourage them to play hard, play well and live good lives,” he said.

“I’m looking forward to the new season. We will see if (Daly) Cherry-Evans and (Keiran) Foran stay.”

Bishop Comensoli’s diocese covers 26 parishes across the north shore, northern beaches and Central Coast.

His aims include supporting young people — including taking 500 youths on a pilgrimage to Poland for World Youth Day — and reminding the community of the importance of family life, something he feels has been lost in Australian society.

“Marriage and family life is absolutely critical. We are not individuals. Family has always been the principal structure of society. Family and marriage is really important,” he said.

getimage.aspx

He also wants to encourage more young people into the priesthood.
http://newslocal.newspaperdirect.co...1ef3af8aa5ee&pdaffid=flTgD0N+sncNlRju4zoiMw==

After the weekends game I hope he says a few little prays for Tooves

Marriage and family life is absolutely critical. We are not individuals. Family has always been the principal structure of society. Family and marriage is really important,” he said.
I've always found it slightly ludicrous priests giving advice on family planning.

He can trust in me all he likes, but I'm not sold on anyone who vows a life of celibacy in my name.
I'm with you on this one God....plus I'm not big on priests. I saw one stand on a budgie once, admittedly he was pissed and the budgie was out of his cage in the pub. Naturally I called him a kent and that got me a backhander from the old man but I guess you know all that already...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6