In car GPS nav devices

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
If any of you chaps have used these devices, can you let me know what you think of them.

In relation to ease of use etc.

The only advice i can say byso is never use a sat Nav in canberra all those roundabouts and circles confuse the crap out of it. I was in a car that drove around in circles for three quarters of an hour following the navigator when we finally gave it a miss and used human intervention it took 5 mins to get where we wanted go. I will ask my mum though because she managers staff in comunity care who all use them to get around. alot of her staff are not the sharpest tool in the shed so there must be some that are much easier to use than others

There was a great advertisement for them on TOP GEAR once. One of the guys used it and the other used street signs to navigate. The guy using street signs made it to the destination while the GPS was telling the other to turn left , turn left. The guy was sitting in a dead end street and it was telling him to turn left , turn left. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Spud. I'm looking at getting one. But I feel the technology will improve greatly over the next year.

If not improve it will certainly get cheaper it wasn't that long ago that they were all around the 2k to 1K at best i have seen them as low as 400 dollars now

byso even with one of these you would still be lost

Always. Still struggling with decent comebacks Byso?

The GFs dad has 1 of the NavMans which he won off the radio. They were very easy to use and work very well from what i have seen of it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4