Improved Defence 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Biggest change I see in the way we defend this year compared to the way we defended under Barrett is we have adopted an umbrella style defence where the outside backs rush up and force the play back to our middle defenders. Under Barrett we use to slide, and slide backwards! We were also not as fit and fatigued easier

Dez is renowned for this umbrella style and it only works if your outside backs can make 1 on 1 tackles and your middle are fit.

Working really great so far

I like how even the newer players like Cust today are coming in to close down the shift out wide
Always seem to lock the attacking player up, so obviously Des is into this on Tuesday sessions
Also once a player pushes inside defensively the outside defenders go with them unlike 2018 where they stayed out and left a huge hole or 2 man overlap
Its a really aggressive, committed defence....can’t ask for more than that.

I like how even the newer players like Cust today are coming in to close down the shift out wide
Always seem to lock the attacking player up, so obviously Des is into this on Tuesday sessions
Also once a player pushes inside defensively the outside defenders go with them unlike 2018 where they stayed out and left a huge hole or 2 man overlap
Its a really aggressive, committed defence....can’t ask for more than that.
Good point, your right everytime a player pushes up fast, all the rest of the defence line adjusts and moves together, leaving no gaps.

Most of the tries against us this year have come from kicks, rather then going through us and missing tackles

We also give away far less penalties lying in the ruck

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8