Impressive Roosters, Rabbits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Despite shaky starts, here the come. 2 points off leading the comp with a bye in hand for both teams.

Both of these teams PD's are twice as good as the rest.

I still like how the commentators said of the roosters "win here and they can get up with the likes of the panthers and Rabbitohs" as if second place doesn't exist

The selectors did both both NSW and the rorters a favour by sacking Pearce and Baloney.
Those two are now both helping the chooks and NSW.
I think the rorters are only missing some wingers which is probably the easiest position to fill.
They did play the knights this week, and previously, the dogs without their halves.
Bunnies coped well without GI but they did only beat St Merge by 4.
I was more impressed by Manly's spectacular win against Bye.;)

niccipops said:
The selectors did both both NSW and the rorters a favour by sacking Pearce and Baloney.
Those two are now both helping the chooks and NSW.
I think the rorters are only missing some wingers which is probably the easiest position to fill.
They did play the knights this week, and previously, the dogs without their halves.
Bunnies coped well without GI but they did only beat St Merge by 4.
I was more impressed by Manly's spectacular win against Bye.;)

Yeah we ran rings around the Bye as if they weren't even there!

Impressive, but then again, the Bye hasn't won all year.

Their PD is pretty even though.

The League Now app is showing both these teams have two byes intact though......That's a guaranteed 4 pts each if correct.

Can someone confirm or disprove please.

It will make both more impressive if true.

I think the big plus for the roosters is that they haven't played anywhere near their best yet and are sitting very nicely. Plus they wont have the origin hangover like the Dogs, Storm etc.

COMMANDER said:
Despite shaky starts, here the come. 2 points off leading the comp with a bye in hand for both teams.

Both of these teams PD's are twice as good as the rest.

This can't be right mate. Our "experts" wrote them off in this thread ;

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-NRL-Power-Rankings

;) :p

PS - I think you're right. Here they come!

RiverEagle said:
The League Now app is showing both these teams have two byes intact though......That's a guaranteed 4 pts each if correct.

Can someone confirm or disprove please.

It will make both more impressive if true.

Correct, wabbits and rorters both have 2 byes to go.

In an effort to keep us down....our draw consists of 2 early byes to and some home games to lull us into a false sense of security, and a huge run of away games + any games at home are against top team as the run into the finals.

Just to help out not-so-politis, toddys dogs, and ch 9's pride of the league.

This was my debate with @voicefromthehill last week.
The points differential will potentially have manly slide down to 7th, once the BYEs are all allocated.

I think that Clubs do ask for their Bye Rounds, but the number of away games in the last 6 rounds is astounding :s

Manly need to beat these two pretenders again, just to maintain a position in the top 8.

GB may have anklenproblems, but the Rorters are full strength every week.

Sharks is a danger game as we seem to relax against lower positioned Teams :dodgy:

The byes have nothing to do with it. If Manly keep winning, they stay at least equal first. If Manly loses, they slip down the ladder because they lost, not because of byes. It may come as a surprise, but Manly have had byes as well.

Wrong - Manly can keep winning, but so can Rabbids and Rorters and in fact Penrith. They all have to get their free game points, whereas Manly can only do so by playing games :cool:

I can see both of your logic there.

We've discussed this lop-side and pretty unfair draw, and didn't come up with a lot of answers.

Obviously all we can do is keep winning, and hope teams such as the Rorters, Rabbids, 'Riff and Dogs drop a game or two before the finals wash up.

We keep taking care of our business (and winning) we'll slot in nicely in the top 4.

If we beat those certain teams again and they drop a game here or there, we could still jag a top 2 finish as well!

HappilyManly said:
Wrong - Manly can keep winning, but so can Rabbids and Rorters and in fact Penrith. They all have to get their free game points, whereas Manly can only do so by playing games :cool:

So Manly can only keep winning by playing games... Interesting theory, does 2V know this?

The bye thing is confusing the issue - look at the number of losses to date of the top teams. Us and panthers only have 4 losses. Roosters, dogs, souths, eels, Broncs have 5 losses.

No use speculating on them overtaking us with byes until we have all played the same number of games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4