• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are you kidding? No steroids give you what Johns had.

The only way theyd benefit him would be strength and speed. He was strong in defence but not very quick. He was all skill. Noone comes close to his Natural ability

castle eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
AND Jatz that's the way Masters said it had to go, NOT based on what they did (or do) off the field, ONLY on field performances.

how can we be certain that his drug use was only 'recreational' & not performance enhancing also?

i know its guilt by association but with other players in the team getting caught for such substances is it possible/probable that he was using performance enhancing drugs also?

was he really going to admit to his drug use in his book or was that only said because he was caught?

his ability on the field was 2nd to none but i believe questions will always be asked about him & drug use, and maybe never answered-depending on which view you have.
because he admitted to it being performance enhancing,sorry but there is no way he should be an immortal,thats my opinion,and it wont change.Remember 97,when he had a so called punctured lung,I wondered how he got through the game

master blaster said:
castle eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
AND Jatz that's the way Masters said it had to go, NOT based on what they did (or do) off the field, ONLY on field performances.

how can we be certain that his drug use was only 'recreational' & not performance enhancing also?

i know its guilt by association but with other players in the team getting caught for such substances is it possible/probable that he was using performance enhancing drugs also?

was he really going to admit to his drug use in his book or was that only said because he was caught?

his ability on the field was 2nd to none but i believe questions will always be asked about him & drug use, and maybe never answered-depending on which view you have.
because he admitted to it being performance enhancing,sorry but there is no way he should be an immortal,thats my opinion,and it wont change.Remember 97,when he had a so called punctured lung,I wondered how he got through the game

Yeah. He took some testosterone to magically plug the puncture in his lung.

You cannot be that thick.

Maybe he took Growth Hormone and grew a new lung in a week.

Hahahaha how stupid is that. Anabolic Steroids to fix a punctured lung.

Napper, I was making the point that off-field behaviour must be considered. I'm not saying he's in the same grade, but Craig Field come to mind? And I well remember the allegations, some admitted about the 97 GF. Steroid abuse was rife. That whole team are tainted in my mind, including Johns. And don't forget the NRL is an organization trying desperately to promote themselves with women and kids. Having an admitted drug user as a pin up boy is a bit hypocritical. Beaver would/should be before that clown.

For mine

8 Provan - really it's a joke if they ever think he will be an immortal not to make him the next. Honour him while we still have him with us.

9 Coote

The we can worry about Johns and Meeninga.

Easy, Andrew Johns.

Our game would be a farce if the best player that has played the game missed out on being an immortal.

If we are to look off the field for behaviour etc, we'd have to go into so much muck-raking into people's past's that it would become embarrassing!

Agree with Bob, Provan should be the next one. It's ridiculous that he has had to wait this long. I have no problem with Coote either.

Should have just left the four immortals as they were, and induct the great players into a hall of fame, the more immortals that are inducted the more it dilutes the honour.

I think Joey. I am not old enough to remember Provan and Coote, but I reason that if they have been overlooked previously it is because they are good but not good enough (I hope I am not committing an unforgivable sin writing that)

On stats I cant split Cootes and Bob McCarthy. Of the two the one who impressed me more and left a huge memory was McCarthy.

Coote - McCarthy - Provan - Meninga - Johns
(Lock - Second Row - Second Row - Centre - HB)
Games 259 - 251 - 256 - 166 - 252
Tries 87 - 119 - 52 - 74 - 94
NSW/QLD 13 - 11 - 19 - 32 - 23
Aust 13 - 15 - 14 - 46 - 24
Coach games 0 - 153 - 180 - 146 - 0

Provan was before my time so I can't comment.
I remember McCarthy walking over the try line with 4 defenders on his back. Strong as.
So was Mal. Huge man-mountain in the centres and THAT try at Old Trafford against the Poms in 1990 will live forever..
Joey would be one of the greatest talents to ever lace up a boot.

My heart says Joey but the top level honours record says Mal. I don't mind either way.

Peter C said:
Should have just left the four immortals as they were, and induct the great players into a hall of fame, the more immortals that are inducted the more it dilutes the honour.

Plus they die eventually, making a lie of the Immortal tag. ;)

Maybe by saying that they can only look at on field performances helps whinemyninga.

Otherwise the voters would have to take into account his: "What has rugby league ever done for me?" comment when he was a super league traitor.

I'd never have him as an immortal anyway.

Was out for seasons with that busted arm and came back using the brace for it as a battering ram.

globaleagle said:
Was out for seasons with that busted arm and came back using the brace for it as a battering ram.

The goal pad that felt like being hit with an iron bar? Who'd have thought the raider of that era would look for any advantage no matter how questionable?

Ronda and I will be going tonight. So we will be there when they announce him. At 300 a head it beter be good. My money is on Mal.
I dont think joey is ready yet. He still has the drug thing in every ones mind. The other guys should of been done before. Its mal for me.
I am an old queenslander at hart.

Queenslanders will rebel if Johns becomes Immortal

The rumblings from the Deep North began early in the week when some of Queensland's Former Origin Greats (FOGs) became convinced former NSW halfback Andrew "Joey" Johns was to become rugby league's eighth Immortal.

Maybe they followed the betting line which had the Maroons' former captain and current coach, Mal Meninga, as third favourite behind Johns and St George great, Norm Provan.

The judges, of whom I am one, haven't been told who has won the award.

Roy Masters
Lots more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/queenslanders-will-rebel-if-johns-becomes-immortal-20120926-26klq.html#ixzz27cGTjhpl

Napper said:
master blaster said:
castle eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Yeah. He took some testosterone to magically plug the puncture in his lung.

You cannot be that thick.

Maybe he took Growth Hormone and grew a new lung in a week.

Hahahaha how stupid is that. Anabolic Steroids to fix a punctured lung.

thats precious coming from you Napper,like I said,thats my opinion,and it wont change,you have yours ,thats fine

Andrew Johns should get it on one condition.... That they take the 't' out of immortal first.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2