Imagine if we could do something like this in the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/its-us-against-them/

This TVC is amazing, change the colours, personal and team nAme it so could be us.

Yes. Very impressive. It would work for us - provided it wasn't filmed too early; you'd need to be sure your coach wasn't going to change sides at the last minute.

Something like this would be very good for us. It would upturn the negative 'no-body likes us' into a positive. Realistically we are the most despised team in the comp, along with the most successful, so why not use that to our advantage, just like Collingwood is doing. I would like to think the present management group are putting their heads together to work out an equally smart strategy to increase the membership, finances and support for Brookvale.

It is brilliant....We (nor any other club)Do enough of promotion for members...Battle of the Beaches is all the NRL do. Wonder how much that sort of stuff would cost

Great idea. Great marketing strategy.
Like Collingwood in the AFL, we are the only team in the NRL that this would work for.

It bloody worked as I just now renewed our country wings membership and even signed up the dog (do they add pets to the total number of members?)

Manly need to replicate that vid asap!

I think it is fantastic. Man alive, imagine the cut-away shots of some awesome acts of player determination (Wolfy running head first into battle and then breaking his neck, etc...) and shots of the predominately Manly hill chanting MAAAANLEEEEEEEEEE... and other shots of the small army of travelling supporters singing and dancing surrounded by the enemy supporters. THis has legs and could still be made in time for the new season to gather more members... and keep the flame burning in the existing members.

It's a great ad. We actually work with the same creative agency who are fantastic.

Even though it could quite easily be applied to us, I think we can do better than copying Collingwood.

We will definitely be doing a TVC for next season. I have a great concept lined up, was meant to shoot it in Jan but with WCC and everything else we had to put it off for this year.

Go Manly

Larissa

Larissa said:
It's a great ad. We actually work with the same creative agency who are fantastic.

Even though it could quite easily be applied to us, I think we can do better than copying Collingwood.

We will definitely be doing a TVC for next season. I have a great concept lined up, was meant to shoot it in Jan but with WCC and everything else we had to put it off for this year.

Go Manly

Larissa
Larissa I'm sure it will be impressive.
If you are allowed to answer what agency is it?
I've seen alot of mojos work and singletons

Larissa said:

Go Manly

Larissa

I agree with Larissa - we can't be seen to copy the concept of Collingwood, that'd give the GFL too much satisfaction and bragging rights.

But don't we have one of Australia's greatest writers as a huge fan?

I reckon there's enough professionals in the ad industry who are on this site who would cut off their right arm to help produce something good. Now, who are they???

Maybe if we sign up 20k Members this year. Highly unlikely, as you can all appreciate we just dont have the budget for that kind of advertising spending.

Larissa said:
Maybe if we sign up 20k Members this year. Highly unlikely, as you can all appreciate we just dont have the budget for that kind of advertising spending.

Larissa, is their a media plan or plans to seed it on all the social networking sites?

If it's good, stick it on Youtube. Viral that way. I don't see why a copy would hurt. How many potential fans would care less what the AFL thinks.

Its more about us having our own brand.

We are better than copying another Club's marketing campaign. It would be like ANZ copying a NAB ad.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7