Illusion cops a beating from reality

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Greiner left this state in more than $12 billion in debt and increased taxes by $10 billion a year

His Government delivered a budget that was in deficit six years in a row, cumulatively worth $5.5 billion.

State taxes increased $10 billion while 11 schools were shut down in just his Government’s first year.

He sacked 2,500 teaching positions and 800 ancillary staff in his first year.

Electricity charges rose 9.8%, adding $48 to the average bill.

Public transport fares went up an average 12.5% in his first year.

The former Coalition government closed, downgraded, privatised or attempted to close 30 hospitals and the number of public hospital beds was cut by 7,500.

clon - as gronk said

not true CW - after greiner the state was put on credit watch when the debt was at 15.9% of State gross product, currently under iemma its approx 5% and will increase to 9% over the next 4 years as the infrastructure projects occur.

One of the big problems Carr faced is that the state debt was so high we had a creadit watch and that is why there was little done in infrastructure for many years. What we needed was a more balanced approach after that debt was reduced to under 10%.

What scares me is that debnam has greiner calling the shots and if he gets in the extra 5.6 billion will send us right back up there again thus the cycle may start again.

Iemma seems a fairly middle of the road type so i think he is probably the best option to keep the improvements going that he has started without killing our state like greiner.

Yes but what I want to know is how you have linked it to fuel prices. As far as I am aware the excise on fuel is the same in all states.

The Queesland fuel subsidy scheme

9.189 cents per litre inc GST

It may not have the direct link as such but the money comes from the same place - the commonwealth government

currently NSW gets 14. billion of the 50. billion GST

From SMH
By Matt Wade and Anne Davies
March 2, 2006

NSW has been promised a slightly bigger slice of the GST pie next financial year, but will still only get back about 80 cents for every GST dollar it pays.

Last month the governor of the Reserve Bank, Ian Macfarlane, said the system of allocating GST was "not logical" because revenue flowed from struggling states such as NSW to boom states such as Western Australia.

Struggling? Australia?

Perhaps a year in the life of an starving African child would give people something more credible to whine about.

well how about you loby your government to give the money it gets from NSW away to these people rather than just sit and complain from behind your keyboard.

even better, cancel your internet and donate that money to the poor in africa since you are so concerned

I don't need to cancel my internet to do that fluffy. Thats beauty of living in such a disadvantaged country like Australia?

Complaining? I'm just trying to put some perspective to your bitching.

seems that way

calling for me to consider the 3rd world when you are the one getting the easier ride of the two of us.

First of all it was a comment made to everyone who whine's about how hard they all have it. I'm so sick and tired of people in this country being blessed by the life and opportunity that this country holds and then ****ing cry about how hard they have it. Yes, I think YOU need to get a little perspective.

Don't talk to me about easy rides mate you don't know the ****en half of it.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6