I'll put my head on the block

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man

I'm quite comfortable having Harris at 5/8th, if that's what happens. He has shown desire to be something of a playmaker and his Union experience was inside and outside centre where there is the need to create something in traffic.

Des is not a gambler so I'm intserested to see how this pans out for him.

He might go alright at this gig and if we can get him one-on-one a few times with the tackle shy Lockyer, the pretty boy from Qld could be in for a tough afternoon.

The only downside is that if he has a good game we'll be kicking ourselves that this didn't happen before. And that we had to let him go to keep a notable other on the books.

Harris' only move consists of run to the line and rocket a ball out left.

However, that is more creative than anything else we have been doing lately.

I'm all for it :p

I saw the attempted offload when he came into second receiver on Sunday and we turned it over as he attempted an impossible ball. He does have good hands, is a ball player and may be a threat running at Lockyer who doesn't like to get his jersey dirty.

I will have my eyes closed though, imagining Lockyer, Carroll and company running at him.

On Harris, why has he never achieved his potentia? I thought he was going to be a Manly great and after 5 or 6 really strong games last year it just never happened.

Lockyer versus Harris. I just can't see us getting the upper hand in this area. HeHeHe.

I don't mind it for 1 or 2 games, these type of gimmicky changes rarely work for longer than that, if at all.

You obviously never saw him play in the centres for the Waratahs. I did a couple of times and once particular occasion against the Brumbies and he was made to look a turnstyle by Mortlock, etc. He was slow and cumbersome eavry time I was him play union.

Harrris is a lazy footballer who is going to finish his career and regret that he didn't put in more effort so that he reached his full potential.

The last time Harris had a crack at 5/8 v Tigers it was a joke. Looks like dessie is quickly becoming a comedian. These tuesday arvo specials are gold! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harris' Union career did end the night that the Crusaders scored more than half of their 96 points through his side of the field. This is true..........

However, it seems as though League has put a little more starch in his tackling.

My main interest is to see what he offers in attack. At least he has more bulk to cope with the hospital passes from Monaghan.

But will he fumble more forward passes to the opposition. For the life of me I cant see why you would give the duties to a 2nd rower who is leaving.

Willow is staying and ius a better option imo!

I agree with byso. I am hoping to be proved wrong and for a win on Sunday but I think this positional change is a recipe for a thrashing. They will pressure him all game and he will spill it forward all game.

he may go ok in attack if he takes a clothes basket out there with him but we will have 7 forwards trying to deal with lockyer magic.i would defend him closer to the middle and play beaver/williamson on lockyer.

it wont matter in this one but it will against sharks/warriors/canberra.

If he a crap second rower and the club has released him from his contract why does Dessie now suddenly think that he will make a good 5/8?

it's not too positive when we are marching towards the semi's with no solid halves combo.....

I'd be happy just to make the 8 and bomb out 1st round atm.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4