iiIIIIIITTTTT'S TIIIIME ! 2015 YART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Per my annual pre-season theme, here is my 1st grade and reserve grade YARTS

1ST GRADE
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kirean Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Willie Mason
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Josh Starling
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
17. Justin Horo

NSW CUP
01. Clinton Gutherson
02. David Williams
03. Cheyse Blaire
04. Tony Satini
05. Brayden Williame
06. Mania Rudolph
07. Jack Littlejohn
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Jayden Hodges
10. Siosaia Vave
11. James Hasson
12. Michael Chee-Kam
13. Blake Leary

14. Tyson Andrews
15. Ligi Sao
16. Jordan Latham
17. Uiti Baker

Tom to spend time in the 20's for now.

Have no desire to second guess what Tooves will do, but I must say seeing your lists for both teams, gee we've got some good depth this year.
You really can't find a spot for Burgess in your top 34?

Oh ****....heheheh...ummm....wow, a rookie mistake.....who do you drop out of firsts for Bugress? I say you can't drop anyone. Throw him in the 10 position in reggies, move Vavae to bench, Latham drops off.

One thing I CAN say, is boy, I am ****ing pumped for a massive season - we have an amazing squad. Just amazing despite what the fools at the Smellograph will have people think - much to their detriment.

Also, we HAVE to have a pretty red hot reggies team this year. Touch wood, if we remain relatively injury free, I could see a club championship. Anyone's thought's on that?

Plus our NYC boys have got a year older, finished the season better so they should be middle of the pack as well.

I agree with most of the squad choices, the only changes being Starling to start over mason and burgess in for Horo.
Mason and burgess will make great prop int and Lui can fill in anywhere in the forward pack.
Buhrer should be an 80 minute player, it'll be interesting to see how many minutes Symonds and Mateo will play.

Very Impressive side Ryan.
Depending on trials and some of the early games, I would have a couple of variations.
  1. Would love to see BJ in the 2nd row a) because I think he is a 2nd rower …not a prop and b) I think he would add more size, power and attacking flair from the 2nd row and c) we now have some real legitimate props in the club so we should utilize them. From what I saw of Luke Burgess last year, I would have him start with Josh Starling. I though Starling had a very good year for us last year and did not put a foot wrong. No nonsense and low mistake rate player who will be better this year.

2. Willie and Feleti to the bench for impact.
So my side....
1ST GRADE
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kirean Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Starling
09. Matt Ballin
10. Luke Burgess
11. Brenton Lawrence
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Willie Mason
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
17. Feleti Mataeo

That is one hell of a good pack and bench fronting the best backline in the league.

NSW CUP
01. Clinton Gutherson
02. David Williams
03. Cheyse Blaire
04. Tony Satini
05. Brayden Williame
06. Mania Rudolph
07. Jack Littlejohn
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Jayden Hodges
10. Siosaia Vave
11. James Hasson
12. Michael Chee-Kam
13. Blake Leary

14. Tyson Andrews
15. Ligi Sao
16. Horo
17. Uiti Baker

Per my annual pre-season theme, here is my 1st grade and reserve grade YARTS

1ST GRADE
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kirean Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Willie Mason
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Josh Starling
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
17. Justin Horo

NSW CUP
01. Clinton Gutherson
02. David Williams
03. Cheyse Blaire
04. Tony Satini
05. Brayden Williame
06. Mania Rudolph
07. Jack Littlejohn
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Jayden Hodges
10. Siosaia Vave
11. James Hasson
12. Michael Chee-Kam
13. Blake Leary

14. Tyson Andrews
15. Ligi Sao
16. Jordan Latham
17. Uiti Baker

Isn't this a list of players who have asked for a release?

The thing I love about our pack this year will be our ability to exploit favorable machups. We have the ability to have a very big pack or a smaller agile pack. I can see a fair amount of rotation in the bench from week to week this year which has the added benefit of less wear and tear and more game experience across the pack.

WEEK ONE SQUAD

1. Stewart
2. Blaire
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Hiku
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Lawrence
9. Ballin
10. Starling
11. Mateo
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Burgess
15. Mason
16. Lui
17. Trbojevic

*edit - when players drop their showbags and throw the toys out of the cot we can make the below adjustments

3. Matai - Hiku
5. Hiku - Trbojevic / Gutherson / Taufua
6. Foran - Rudolph / Littlejohn

Last edited:
Interesting to see you guys place Feleti Mateo straight into first grade. Hope he goes well for you guys, and is more interested in doing the hard yards rather than just doing the flashy stuff. Based on his attitude, performance from the last year I would have had him start in reserve grade.

As for Matai...i believe the chances are that he will not be wearing a Manly jersey this year ;)

With Foran to join him at the Warriors in 2016 :)

Interesting to see you guys place Feleti Mateo straight into first grade. Hope he goes well for you guys, and is more interested in doing the hard yards rather than just doing the flashy stuff. Based on his attitude, performance from the last year I would have had him start in reserve grade.

As for Matai...i believe the chances are that he will not be wearing a Manly jersey this year ;)

With Foran to join him at the Warriors in 2016 :)
Interesting to see you have no idea on what Mateo is capable of playing with a great side like Manly who has the best and most successful club culture in the modern game . As for your wishful thinking that Matai wont be wearing a Manly Jersey this year all I can say is you must believe in the tooth fairy you fool :)

A starting back row of Mateo, Symonds and Buhrer doesn't excite me in terms of grunt to cover the loss of Choc. Who out of that three is going to grind out the yards that Choc did in the middle 3rd ?? Lui has to start in my book and play that role as the extra prop through the middle. He was one of our best last year and has that solid build with mobility, leg drive and a decent turn of foot. Neither Symonds nor Mateo offer that. Ferris will do 80mins and play the RHS once he is back to full fitness, and do a good job of it no doubt. I'd start Symonds and bench Mateo (if he makes the 17, he's living on potential at the moment)

A starting back row of Mateo, Symonds and Buhrer doesn't excite me in terms of grunt to cover the loss of Choc. Who out of that three is going to grind out the yards that Choc did in the middle 3rd ?? Lui has to start in my book and play that role as the extra prop through the middle. He was one of our best last year and has that solid build with mobility, leg drive and a decent turn of foot. Neither Symonds nor Mateo offer that. Ferris will do 80mins and play the RHS once he is back to full fitness, and do a good job of it no doubt. I'd start Symonds and bench Mateo (if he makes the 17, he's living on potential at the moment)
Mateo is not only a clever ball player but also a handful when he runs hard
Mateo at 194 cm and 108 kg covers Choc who is 183 cm 94 kg quite well.
The key is to get Mateo fit so he will grind out the yards regularly and our Club is the one that can bring out the best in him

Mateo is not only a clever ball player but also a handful when he runs hard
Mateo at 194 cm and 108 kg covers Choc who is 183 cm 94 kg quite well.
The key is to get Mateo fit so he will grind out the yards regularly and our Club is the one that can bring out the best in him
Agreed, Mateo has the potential to add some serious grunt.

I'm finding it hard to decide on a team:
I'd start with definites, and for me.

1. Snake
3. Killer
4. Skivvy
6. Foz
7. DCE.

So I'm undecided on the wingers. Blair, Hiku, Wolf, Gutho, Taufau. I think out of all of them the one that excites me most here is Gutherson. I just think he has real talent, he got BIG last year, and will cause headaches. The last wing spot is harder. I think Hiku gets a bit lost on the wing, and I do believe Jorge got found out. I'd go Blair. I've got a big wrap on him.

so 5. Gutho, 2. Blair.

Forwards: This is b****y tough

9. Ballin

To me that's the only definite.

If Buhrer is fit he slots into 13. For me, and the ball playing skillful backrower is Feleti. We then want a hardworking backrower, so I'd go Lui,

Front Row I'd keep Starling and Lawrence there and then have Mason, Jake T, JSL on the bench. That leave another bench spot, and I'd probably opt for a jack of all trades there in Tommy Symonds for now....with an eye on Blake Leary.

But what excites me is I've left out: Wolf, Taufau, Hiku, Hodges, Tom T (ok still early days), Horo, Burgess and a few others. There's some good depth there for the season.

Seems like a lot of people are putting a lot of eggs in the Mateo basket. He is without a doubt one of the most talented footballers I've seen, but that talent hasn't been tapped regulalry by anyone in 10 years. He needs to concentrate on getting a spot in the 17 first and then he can become our matchwinner if Tooves can unlock him. I hope he works out for us but I'm not prepared to have the success of our whole season ride on his shoulders. We have to have other options and plans

Snake
Jorge
Lyon
Matai
Guthbo's haircut
Foz
DCE
Bj
Ballin
Starling
Mateo
Lui