If you're gunna come at the king....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Make sure you don't miss!

Some 19 year old kid decides to come at 33 year old Alex Ovechkin who has had 4 fights in his career and the last one...9 years ago.

Trouble is....

Well see for yourself.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...chkin-knocked-out-andrei-svechnikov-in-fight/

Just about 11 minutes into the first period, the 19-year-old, 195-pound Svechnikov exchanged words with Ovechkin. Svechnikov nodded, seeming to consent to a fight, and then it happened.

Ovechkin, 33-years old and 235-pounds heavy, landed three consecutive rights into Svechnikov’s face. It was over quickly. Canes teammates immediately signalled for a trainer.

Well ... that seemed like a good idea at the time ....

Thanks for watching!

And I know, right!?

19 year old kid... never had a fight in his pro life. And he's not hired as a 'goon' he's there to score. And he has been. It's like they sent a Ferrari into an off road race. But if you're going to be chirpy (as he also was in the last game) then eventually the old bull has enough.

Kid went to hospital but he is fine. Probably slight concussion from when his head hit the ice.

If he does it again, he's even stupider than I look! Maybe he's had a bit of the cockiness knocked out of him now.

Thanks for watching!

And I know, right!?

19 year old kid... never had a fight in his pro life. And he's not hired as a 'goon' he's there to score. And he has been. It's like they sent a Ferrari into an off road race. But if you're going to be chirpy (as he also was in the last game) then eventually the old bull has enough.

Kid went to hospital but he is fine. Probably slight concussion from when his head hit the ice.

If he does it again, he's even stupider than I look! Maybe he's had a bit of the cockiness knocked out of him now.

Some of life's lessons are painful ...

Will be interesting to see if he remains the same player .... a public flogging like that can take a physical and emotional toll ... he may also become less confrontational and even gun shy .....

Some of life's lessons are painful ...

Will be interesting to see if he remains the same player .... a public flogging like that can take a physical and emotional toll ... he may also become less confrontational and even gun shy .....

He's paid to stfu and score! (which he was doing before kissing the ice), so maybe he'll go back there.

Picked No. 2 in last year's draft so he's been seen as a really good player. A lot of the times 1st, 2nd, 3rd draft picks don't get into the nhl for a couple of years. Only the good ones get to the nhl earlier - which he has done.

He's Russian, so he'll be fine! Actually it's the first time 2 Russians have fought each other in the playoffs, ever, and I think about 20 years since 2 russians have even had a biff with each other!

You're right, it'll be interesting. Hopefully he'll be back for this playoff series and we can all go "ooooohhhhh" when they face each other then.

Though getting to know the 'NHL' life.... plenty of guys have taken a beating and are ok afterwards (I mean emotionally) there's a never ending argument about fighting concussions, CTE, and brain damage. Basically doctors and everyone else says it's being caused by hockey, the fights etc, but Bettman (the nhl's greenburg) says it isn't so the league doesn't need to pay out any $$$$.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2