If you could

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
30 seconds before the boys run out tonight
you are given the opportunity to have the final word before they run out - what would you say?

'' Boys you know we can beat this lot. No one wants us to ,everyone thinks we are shot ducks and have nothing left in tank- let's stick it up to all this doubters

This is our moment,our chance.Go get then gents.

This is my last post before game.To all who end up coming out this evening to ANZ let's cheer loud and often- the boys are going to need the help.

Beware the wounded warrior I say.

Whatever the outcome this evening thank you to the whole manly team for providing us with so many memorable moments this year- I have never been prouder to call myself a manly supporter and member than what at times you have shown us this year- grit determination,not giving up when all hope is lost.

Manly the club with the best culture, fans and ground. Manly forever!!

Go get them gents!!'

Go get them indeed. There is also the curse of the capitulations to expunge too, of same time last year and that storm grand final when they crunched snake.

But the team is more mature now and plays with a smarter collective brain. I actually don't mind if the team loses as long as they do the club proud. With the refereeing and other controversies the results of games can be a little more random.

If the line calls go our way and the refs don't think it's soccer we are well in it for win.

The+Bunny+Gets+It.jpg

bunny.jpg

One sentence I heard when playing touch footy in maryborough correctional centre for naidoc week by one of the older indigenous inmates to the other inmates...."Don't **** it up for us"

Of course inevitably two of thw inmates got in a punch up and ****ed it up for them but I have always thought it was a straight to the point and good speech

I'd be saying " this ones for Kitey / Joey and all our fans who come out and cheer week in week out, there's never been more expectation on a team than your opposition, use that to your advantage and never never ever give up. Remember our proud club history, and remember you are one of the lucky ones to wear the maroon and white, now get out there and play for each other like we know you can"

GO MANLY

.....and if NOTHING else I have said has sunk in over the past week, REMEMBER THIS!! If you guys fu*k this up tonight, there will be NO beer and pizza here when you drag your asses back after the final whistle. GOT IT???

Gorgeous goes on to destroy the rabbits and wins MOM.

Play them this song, and crank it ....

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jLeOtRf6_1g[/video]

I always liked a single sentence a coach gave ot us once before a semi-final:

"Each one of you can look across at your opposite number out there and know you are better than he is...now go prove it!"

I'd throw this in;

I don't know what to say really.
Three minutes
to the biggest battle of our professional lives
all comes down to today.
Either
we heal
as a team [I'm lookin' at you Cherry and Snake]
or we are going to crumble.
Inch by inch
play by play
till we're finished.
We are in hell right now, gentlemen
believe me
and
we can stay here
and get the **** kicked out of us
or
we can fight our way
back into the light.
We can climb out of hell.
One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.
I'm too old.
I look around and I see these young faces
and I think
I mean
I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.
I uh....
I pissed away all my money
believe it or not.
I chased off
anyone who has ever loved me.
And lately,
I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life
things get taken from you.
That's, that's part of life.
But,
you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
You find out that life is just a game of inches.
So is football.
Because in either game
life or football
the margin for error is so small.
I mean
one half step too late or to early
you don't quite make it.
One half second too slow or too fast
and you don't quite catch it.
The inches we need are everywhere around us.
They are in ever break of the game
every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch
On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us
to pieces for that inch.
We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.
Cause we know
when we add up all those inches
that's going to make the ****ing difference
between WINNING and LOSING
between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this
in any fight
it is the guy who is willing to die
who is going to win that inch.
And I know
if I am going to have any life anymore
it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch
because that is what LIVING is.
The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.
You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes.
Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
You are going to see a guy
who will sacrifice himself for this team
because he knows when it comes down to it,
you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's football guys.
That's all it is.
Now, whattaya gonna do?

I'd go through the tipsters selections: Souffs, Souffs Souffs...
and individual Souffs players, playing up their strengths.
Then finish with: Nobody thinks you can win. . . . except me, yours mates on either side of you, and all those fans wearing maroon-and-white out there, cheering their hearts out.
Just better your opposition player, and we'll return here next week to send Kitey, George and Joe off in a way they truly deserve - as NRL champions.

I think this game tonight will be about one thing....heart. If I was brought in to talk to the team I'd show a quick 30 second montage of the person who has more heart than anyone, Geoff Toovey.

I'd show Geoff Toovey getting his head kicked in, getting smashed by the Chief, getting pounded constantly. The finishing with him holding aloft the trophy as he picks up the CCM.

I'd then say 'that man over in the corner would be out there tonight if he could, copping kicks/punches whatever it would take to win. Are you going to let him down?' (then I'd grab Watmough/Gift and Horo and say 'everytime Reynolds or Sutton get the ball you take one of his ribs')

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2