if Snake plays, we win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Baz

Beaver's Headgear
Firstly congratulations both sides for providing us with one of the games of the year.

The bulldogs defended well tonight but truth be told we made it quite easy for them in the final 20m by playing unimaginitive and predictable lateral footy. We defended unbelievably and made lost of metres up the field but when it came to the final 20m we just clocked off and this is where snake makes such a difference to us. Without snake tonight and last week we ended up just pushing the ball across the field looking for gaps that weren't there, too many times tonight the set ended with the winger tackled over the sideline. In addition our last tackle options were horrible and lacked any sort of structure or plan.

When snake plays he uses his pace to get past his marker and turns 3v3 situations into 3v2, something that whare was never able to do. You can also almost guarentee that he would have been running in support for Taufua's and Foran's linebreaks. Snake please hurry up and get better and whilst your resting re-sign, we're just not the same team without you.

RE: Snake plays, we win

I agree, but I reckon we would have led in the 1st half with snake there.

Just goes to show how dependant we are on Stewart. Next season needs a rethink of our attacking formation and plays.

MWSE said:
Just goes to show how dependant we are on Stewart. Next season needs a rethink of our attacking formation and plays.

I think you will find most top teams are dependent on their full back. Take Barba out of the dogs, Slater from Storm and Bowen form Cows and they are totally different attacking teams. We don't have the depth in this position like we did last year. Hoppa was a more than capable replacement for Brett. Whare is nowhere near the same class. In the next year or 2 we will have Gutherson coming through, so I'm confident of our future attack.

I've said this many times he is our saviour he backs up and finishes he is like another half he see's things happen before it's happened. I should get him to pick my powerball picks lol.

Agree with all comments. Interesting stat is in the last 5 halves of footy Manly have played (without snake) they have only scored 3 tries and have been held scoreless twice in the first half. Also letting in a massive 80 points. When he was last on the field Manly led 34-0!

Simonmyers11 said:
Agree with all comments. Interesting stat is in the last 5 halves of footy Manly have played (without snake) they have only scored 3 tries and have been held scoreless twice in the first half. Also letting in a massive 80 points. When he was last on the field Manly led 34-0!

That's pretty scary stats. Lets hope he is back on the field next week. We desperately need him.

Full back is vital, look at Storm without Slater

If Dogs without Barba they nowhere.

Snake comes back and result changes. Snake is the backbones of the club

Agreed. The lynchpin of the team. Snake's pace and presence keeps opposition defences on their heels

The Club should re-sign, him and give him satisfaction. I'm thinking 4 Years with an option by either party for a 5th Year.
Snake will then finish his NRL with Manly as a 1 club man. After some time at the Super League, he can come back and be Backline coach. Beaver can be forwards coach.

Manly will win the comp that year prob , 2020 . . . . . its nigh on obvious.!:idea:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4