If Matai is out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I don't know how long blood on the lungs keeps you out for, but if it is 3-4 weeks, what direction to we go in ?

I know that Des will probably go Lyon centres and Menzies 5/8

Personally, i think Menzies should go to the centres, and Lyon stay at 6. I was hoping Des would do that last night as well, because in the 1st 15 before Matai left, Lyon was absolutely carving them. He really seems to be warming to the role and has a handle on it now, and is showing some danger signs in his ability to either take the hole, or put someone else through it

The other outside option, is sliding 1 of Williams or Bani into the centres, i beleive that Williams could handle that role adequately and we get bani back on the flank

I am liking the way Williams returns the ball from a kick. I still can't believe the depth we have in the forwards and outside backs. Personally i think the best option would be to move Bani one spot in to cover for Matai. He is a strong runner and hard to contain and can contain his man well. Leave beaver in the 13, he and Jamie are giving great service to the backline.

I think the Williamson injury is a factor in this question. Noted that Ballin played a lot more minutes last night, probably due to his defensive workrate and that Beaver also did a lot of defense. To move him out leaves us with no real workhorse on the edge of the ruck.

Apparently he'll only miss 1 week.

That said, Lyon to centres, bever to 5/8th and leave Bani out for now. King will be back this week so we won't have to worry about covering beavers spot.

Bani to centre.  Leave Williams on the wing, he's to fast for a centre.  The question should be Flip, just how fit is King to return for a crucial match down in the shire?

I thought he was due back against the titans. I wouldn't be surprised if he was given an extra week just to make sure he's right to go.

he told me the knights game was his aim about 2 weeks prior to that so he certainly doesnt seem to be rushed back in

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4