If Lyon doesnt come to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
This is the list of centres off contract
Willie Tonga
Mark Gasnier
Matt Cooper
Nigel Vagana
Matt Gidley
Josh Hannay
Pau; Bowman
Ben smith
Clinton Toopi
Ryan Cross
any of these players that would go well in manly colours

Gaz will never come. Neither will Cooper, Tonga, Vagana, Gidley, Bowman or Cross. Smith, Toopi or Hannay would be our best bets. Country boys, QLD boys, and Kiwis all have a history of fitting in well in the Peninsula.

If we don't get Lyon, then I say Crusher is a failure at Manly...AT MANLY...because he uncovered a fountain of youth talent superstars at Parramatta.

Maybe it's just Manly's laid back attitude.

Is that an excuse though? They should get off their laid back arses, and proactively seek best practices from current successful clubs.

Im of the opinion that the club saw the privatisation as a means to get money; and that money would solve all problems.

IMO seeing juniors progress through to 1st grade takes time, our junior sides have improved in Crushers tenure. Is that a direct result of him? I honestly dont know.

Are there any superstars in these teams? I think it will take a couple more seasons to find out. Lets hope so.

We also need to remember Parra pay more for their Juniors than we do, we just cant afford it. Its not a level playing field.

I just hope Crusher sticks around for a little longer, I want him to have more time with us. He was at Parra for 10 years from memory and we did not see many stars come through Parras grades in the 1st few years he was there.

Parra have a massively structured junior development programme. I work with one of their development officers - they have heaps around the place. They have more juniors than any other area bar Penrith and find it easier to intergrate country kids into their programme.

It is worth noting that Parra at present are the result of about a ten year programme of junior development, big player recruitment and picking up the odd player here and there unwanted at their previous club. You don't find Jamie Lyons and Tim Smiths every week and they were at Parra for about five years before they were ready for NRL.

Much of Crusher's work is at Jersey Flegg level at present and won't see first grade for a few more years yet at earliest. We must make sure that the coaching/development and pastoral care/culture creation of these kids is top class.

i would think that Ben smith and jamie lyon both cant fit into parras team

so he would be on the market.

any of those listed are better than matai - at least there are a few options

Is that an excuse though? They should get off their laid back arses, and proactively seek best practices from current successful clubs.
And the club isn't?. What knowledge do you have of areas in which we are not doing that?

[quote author=Ryan]
And the club isn't?. What knowledge do you have of areas in which we are not doing that?
[/quote]

I can't see Patrick Wilson on the phone to Denis Fitzgerald Canteen. Also - why don't you stop supporting mediacrity. We have a worse junior system than other teams full stop mate. In some posts about Jason King, you are negative toward people accepting his performances, yet in other areas that we clearly lag behind the rest of the comp, you celebrate our position. :naughty:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4