If I hear that the result of tonight is not relevant I will....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah bones we did do that in 08 but the Storm was missing their key player in Cameron Smith. I think if we don't beat them tonight and we face them in the GF we will probably get beat by them again.

torana355 said:
Yeah bones we did do that in 08 but the Storm was missing their key player in Cameron Smith. I think if we don't beat them tonight and we face them in the GF we will probably get beat by them again.

blasphemy that is

torana355 said:

True they were missing Scumeron Smith but they had Folau, Inglis, Slater and Cronk.

It is relevent, just not much more than any other match. Its certainly no more important to win tonight than it is to beat the Bronco's next week.

Personally I will take a 30 point loss with no injuries, over a 1 point win with 3 players out for multiple weeks.

Winning tonight does not give either team a pschological advantage should they meet again later in the year. The broncos didn't beat Melbourne at all in 2006 other than in the GF. Same with Manly in 08. As long as Manly turn up on any given day they can win against any opposition. And as long as they do it in the finals I'll be happy regardless of what happens tonight. I hope they win tonight and I think they will. Manly by 14

I have the feeling the NRL top dogs want the Bunnies in the 8, with some of the luck and calls they have been getting this last month it is almost impossible to believe that they will lose to the broncos. I hope I am wrong, but on the other hand it would make the result irrelevant, as we could lose and still not have to beat the broncos to stay in 2nd.

BOZO said:
We NEED TO WIN this game . 2 more games to go before the semis and now is the time to hit top form and momentum towards the big game in septmember

Agree NOW is the time to unleash the beast from within!!

We need to win tonight, no doubt. We can't go to brisbane playing for second place, we need to sort it tonight.

A narrow loss in Brisbane would not mean a lot in the grand scheme of things then.

Losing both would be a disaster!

I wouldnt mind a same result as we had in 08 where we lost but we knew we could do em`, we had them rattled it was only a stupid ref/vid ref interpretation that ruined it for us, after that game i remember slater smith & inglis saying it was like an origin game ..thats how we want to play them no matter what the result is..

Brisbane will be able to farewell DL a week later in the semi... and maybe also the week later in another semi. Therefore, the build up to his farewell game won't be as big; more of an anti-climax since he'll definitely be back the week later.
But tonight - tonight - this is big; this is bigger than big, this is 'ginormous'... to the players... AND THE FANS.

I have given up high hopes for this season. Halves learn through their mistakes in the school of hard knocks and I suspect 2011 will be remembered as the schooling of Foran and DCE.

Matabele said:
I have given up high hopes for this season. Halves learn through their mistakes in the school of hard knocks and I suspect 2011 will be remembered as the schooling of Foran and DCE.

Ground Control to Earth, come in earth.

Manly are going to be up for this game for sure, this game will be the start of our finals push. We may not get there this year, and it may be a year of growth for our halves as many have said, but i am confident Des has got them in condition both physically and mentally for our tilt at the title.

TokyoEagle said:
Manly are going to be up for this game for sure, this game will be the start of our finals push. We may not get there this year, and it may be a year of growth for our halves as many have said, but i am confident Des has got them in condition both physically and mentally for our tilt at the title.

TokyoEagle Knows.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6