If first grade is full stregth - check out PL !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
01. Sean Meaney
02. Michael Bani
03. Sean Dalton
04. Shane Neumann
05. Nick Bradley-Qualilawa
06. Clint Halden
07. Aaron Groome
08. Mark Bryant
09. Shayne Dunley
10. Sione Finefeuiaki
11. Adam Cuthbertson
12. Jack Afamasanga
13. Luke Williamson

14. Jeff Robson
15. Phil Moorwood
16. Chris Trembath
17. Jason Wells

That's probably in my opinion the toughest PL side we have had in many, many years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Grade:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Matt Ballin
15. George Rose
16. Glenn Hall
17. Steve Matai

that is fairly impressive for a PL side but its unlikely we will see that team take the field

Des will have get those photos back off Willo if you want to see that P/L side

Rose is the new back up winger. Has taken over from Cuthbo.

George Rose to wing??

Unless his beloved Ballin can play outside centre. :lol:

Serious question though... I've heard that Aaron Groom is playing hooker in PL.

What's the halves then?? and what happens when CLint Halden goes back to PL???

First Grade:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Matt Ballin
15. George Rose
16. Glenn Hall
17. Steve Matai

Interesting team Ryan. What interchange would you make to get Matai on?

Burns to the backrow, one of the backrow off, Lyon to 5/8 and Matai in the centres?

Don't ask technical questions, it's a YART after all and isn't supposed to mean anything. It'll change by next week anyway.

Matai won't be on the bench, if he is than it's a waste of a spot (not that Des is averse to this ). Unless they are going to turn him into a backrower. No point in carrying a spare outside back when you have most contingencies covered anyway. Lyon / Monas can cover 5/8, Monas covers half, Menzies / G Stewart can cover a centre, Hicks fullback, wing is no drama. So Matai is either starting centre or PL.

Don't ask technical questions, it's a YART after all and isn't supposed to mean anything. It'll change by next week anyway.

Matai won't be on the bench, if he is than it's a waste of a spot (not that Des is averse to this ). Unless they are going to turn him into a backrower. No point in carrying a spare outside back when you have most contingencies covered anyway. Lyon / Monas can cover 5/8, Monas covers half, Menzies / G Stewart can cover a centre, Hicks fullback, wing is no drama. So Matai is either starting centre or PL.

I don't think Hasler would start with Ryan's team either and I also agree with everything else you said. As a hypothetical, I was wondering how Ryan would run his interchange.

I haven't seen PL to comment if any those players should be in the FG starting 17. Ryan's team at least is an alternative to having Rose, Bryant & Hall all on the bench (which maybe our best option anyway).

Hi Danno. I consider Choc, Beaver & Fozzy to be full 80 minute backrowers. What I would do very late in the match (and also late in the 1st 1/2)is throw Matai on, in place of a prop, to cause destruction up the middle of the ruck - mobility wise. Hopefully the other teams forwards would be tired, so Matai's defence will do him wonders as well.

Chip and Chase - "Don't ask technical questions, it's a YART after all and isn't supposed to mean anything. It'll change by next week anyway."

Thanks for your usual positivity and input.

Matai is hardly the type of player to cause "destruction up the middle of the ruck". You want someone fleet of foot and quick off the mark to take advantage of tired forwards around the ruck and that ain't Matai. If you want a hard running ball playing forward to take advantage of inside balls up the middle to beat tired defenders, or to get off loads away, than we have three already, why waste a spot with another one who will only play 20 minutes. It's a waste of a bench spot unless they are going to turn him into a genuine backrower, in which case it might be worth a shot. He's not an impact player by any stretch of the imagination.

Happy to be of service.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6