If Any Other Team Won The Pre Season Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Astonishing latest article in SMH regarding the Sharks. The author suggested the Sharks were the best side in the pre-season and he almost suggested they were robbed based on the manner of points scoring used in the competition. This was a team that played Newcastle and Canterbury, surely almost gimmes. Manly played two of the top sides of last year, Sydney City and Souths. Talk about biased reporting. Yep Manly are the hated side yet again.
Good to rain on their Parade but..lol.

Still no recognition on nrl.com and we were crowned the champs like over 3 hrs ago.
Alf I feel your pain.

Nothing in NRL.com except a quiet word, and only very few articles since which all included Fitz and others complaining about the format.

Well - suck eggs to them all. 100K thank you. Manly hates you too. Lol

NYEagle

What's most shameful about the biased journalism is that the competition was so unevenly arranged in the first place. Manly were facing teams who came 6th and 7th last year and considered among the favourites this year. The Sharks were facing teams that came 12th and 14th and one considered a potential cellar dweller.. The odds were heavily against Manly and in favour of the Gummies to start. Hardly anything like an equitable arrangement. Both teams knew the rules and how the points were allotted. And these couple of questionable journos who would even embarrass working for TASS, make an issue of unfairness in play. Really? Forget logic, forget balanced reporting. If I was their editor I'd give them a No 13 in the rear never to be seen again.

Astonishing latest article in SMH regarding the Sharks. The author suggested the Sharks were the best side in the pre-season and he almost suggested they were robbed based on the manner of points scoring used in the competition. This was a team that played Newcastle and Canterbury, surely almost gimmes. Manly played two of the top sides of last year, Sydney City and Souths. Talk about biased reporting. Yep Manly are the hated side yet again.
Does the author’s name rhyme with “fuzz mothyeild”?

Poor us ... the media don't like us ... the NRL won't acknowledge us .... every article written minutely examined to find some real or imagined slight .... woe is us ...

Toughen up ya bunch of bleating wee Jessie's ...

(PSS .... Apologies to all wee jessie's living or deceased, for any unintended distress caused. Note that the term "Jessie" is used in a non-binary context ...)
Jessie, Jessie, Jessie you've not got a sense of humour.

Well they decided to award 4 points for tries off gridiron passes about 3/4 of the way through the 2013 GF, so what's the big deal about bonus points for offloads? At least everyone knew the rules going in and they were applied consistently.
Except Fitzgibbon apparently wasn't aware of the rules , that's why the Sharks were robbed of $100K. Fu*ksake seriously.
Cronulla , Manly's bitches since 1967.

People are taking this way too seriously

It is Disco. Its end of the World stuff. The galaxy will stop rotating if we dont get this right. I can see a couple of supernovae in the process of developing here right now. Dark energy indeed is upsetting our equilibrium. I say its gotta stop. Burn our jocks. Storm the Capitol....err have I gone a little too far here? Maybe cut down on the caffeine a little I think. Test my sugar level again.

Honestly it’s a rubbish concept BUT I get what the NRL were trying to do , create some more interest in the pre season trials now that they were all live to view.

And yes , if you were the side running second and missed out by a couple of “ offloads “ you could feel aggrieved.

I’d be surprised if they do it again in 2024.
I don't think it was a rubbish concept at all. I think it added heaps to what normally is pretty much a non event - the preseason. 5-10 years ago you hardly even heard about pre season games being on. At least this created some additional interest and I reckon it showed in the size of some of the crowds. I believe one or two of them had 10K people there!!! Pretty good for a trial. And I also think it was a great idea to incorporate the world club challenge. Makes that a bit more relevant too. I hope they do the same next year - and I hope we win it again!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6