Idea on Cheats??

MK Eagle

Bencher
That blatent leg twist was 1 of many on Choc (more than a coincidence).
Thinking about this it could easily have ended his season.
Should the culprit IF found guilty as was the case last night -
Have to cop his sentence for the crime & on top of that , miss any game time of the injured player prior to this starting.
Also, could this be worthy of a 10 minute stint in the sin bin.

Watched a lot of Souths games and the pommie influance is there. We had it in the 70's with Reilly, Lowe and Co but the Bunny's are doing it again. They are trying anything to slow down play and they are getting away with it.

Hey MK,
@EagleFromMay1967 posted in another thread that Lima should have copped 10 in the bin too, and I agree 100% with this. It is time they changed the "professional foul" ruling for 10 in the bin. Lima's act was purely to incapacitate Choc and is the act of an out an out grub. No respect for that dude. As Gould said during commentary, the players can cop an knock to the head, but what Lima did was totally different. Hope he cops at least 2 weeks.
And there inlies the problem. Lima may cop a week or two, but how does that help Manly last night. A penalty was not sufficient imo. 10 mins would have been appropriate for this grub act + a judiciary appearance.

I'd like to see the bastard miss the rest of the season for bringing the game into disrepute.
Going into a tackle with the sole aim of injuring a player illegally is a dog act.
If Choc had got up and thumped him I imagine the refs would have had no hesitation in sending him off...of course he's wearing a Manly jersey...

I agree with moondog. This is far worse than any high tackle, where there is very rarely any actual intent to harm the other player. This and Sammy's squirrell grip from last week are worse than anything the Storm did at their grubby worst. It should be 6 weeks plus for Lima imo. If Matai did it the DT would be calling for him to be banished from the game.

No coincidence either that Lima is disposable in their team line up. If he did some real damage to Watmoughs' leg last night and copped a suspension for it, Souths would not miss him. Mercenary tactics and grub acts all the way at Souths. Cannon ball tackles, leg twists, nut squeezing, high shots. They are the new Storm.

mozgrame said:
... Mercenary tactics and grub acts all the way at Souths. Cannon ball tackles, leg twists, nut squeezing, high shots. They are the new Storm.
Where did Maguire learn how to coach?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
mozgrame said:
... Mercenary tactics and grub acts all the way at Souths. Cannon ball tackles, leg twists, nut squeezing, high shots. They are the new Storm.
Where did Maguire learn how to coach?

Yeah that's right. And he learnt his trade well didn't he? Madges' adopted tactics stand out like Chambers balls! (Sorry Will....not implying you're a dog)

Lima has always been a grub and it's just a continuation of a long line of form.

His knees into players calves in the past is typical of his MO.

COMMANDER said:
Lima has always been a grub and it's just a continuation of a long line of form.

His knees into players calves in the past is typical of his MO.

True. That's what made him an ideal hitman to take out our best strike forward. He's a disposable dog.

Watto1972 said:
I believe there should be a public stoning of Jeff Lima...perhaps at Brookvale Oval before the Storm game.
I believe his head should be put in a vice while Sam Burgess deals with him as he chooses.

Did you notice that the refs appeared to be very reluctant to blow a penalty to Manly for that?

It was only that Choc stayed down and the video ref (got that one right at least) told them to blow a penalty. the refs were just going to let it go.

The question is where the refs just following orders?

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2