I wonder do the players read this forum??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have always wondered if they do, or have done in the past. You would have to say they'd know about it but wether they'd bother coming on who knows.

Being the armchair experts we all are I reckon Tooves and the players would get lots out of reading the shyte that goes on!

And it would really enthuse them for next weeks game.....or not!!

I know for a fact that previous and current CEO's come on for a look...G'day Dave, they must laugh at some of the stuff we write.

When we still had the old MWSE forum I convinced Grant Mayer to have a "question and answer" area, we'd ask questions and the ones he was prepared to answer he did, it proved very popular (until Zorba canned the whole forum!)

It would be excellent wouldn't it to get say Dave Penna as assistant coach and Dave Perry as CEO on here a few times throughout the season, sort of like a "live thread" where on a Wednesday night from 8.00pm to 9.00pm they would answer questions that had been posed to them during the course of the day.

You'd have to block people from coming on to make smart arse comments (and don't know if that can even be done) but it would be interesting no doubt and I bet there would be hundreds logged on to see the answers, maybe that's an idea for next year @Dan

I know a young guy who plays at the Raiders, he tells me that all the players there do.

All good ideas, but unforunately the club do more to try and distance themselves from forums rather than embracing them. I understand why too, so that's not a criticism, just a sad fact of modern life and political correctness. Iamgine attaching your brand to some of the dribble on here.

As for the players, who knows. Maybe curiosity gets the better of them. It would certainly be good for a laugh when they are feeling bored.

The problem with some supporters is their desire to win, completely overshadows any sense of reality. The reality being that Snake, Ballin, Buhrer, Gifty, and BJ missed last nights game; some pretty handy players in that crop. Townsville is one of the toughest road trips in the NRL. Sure, it's disappointing that we didn't win, but the opposition have a say in that as well, and I don't think on last nights performance our team deserves to lambasted so aggressively by a section of our fans.

They are as much a cross section as any workplace, so I'm assuming that some would. Only a few study or have a business, so what do the rest of them do besides play x-box and drop rumours at coffee shops?

torana355 said:
If you think we carry on after a loss checkout the Kennel after a loss.

That mob carry on like no others.

I think that they are still blaming Origin for their fall down the ladder :)

Yes they do both past and present. I get occasional emails from them. The site is now part of the manly story.

QA would be great but let's let them concentrate on the finals and I'll get something out in the new year.

Vidmar and I have opened up sole dialogue along these routes and my basic idea is to have some silvertails supporters who get to ask some fan based questions and give a positive media experience rather than negative bs with the club getting sign off on the articles.

This would give fans the experience of meeting a player and asking them some questions in reporter format then if they want they can write and article with the results of he the questions and their experience or we can write the articles based on the answers.

All in early idea and discussion and we need to find a format and acceptable way to do it that doesn't detract from the current mwse sites

Dan said:
Yes they do both past and present. I get occasional emails from them. The site is now part of the manly story.

QA would be great but let's let them concentrate on the finals and I'll get something out in the new year.

Vidmar and I have opened up sole dialogue along these routes and my basic idea is to have some silvertails supporters who get to ask some fan based questions and give a positive media experience rather than negative bs with the club getting sign off on the articles.

This would give fans the experience of meeting a player and asking them some questions in reporter format then if they want they can write and article with the results of he the questions and their experience or we can write the articles based on the answers.

All in early idea and discussion and we need to find a format and acceptable way to do it that doesn't detract from the current mwse sites
Oh please pick me. I'm nice, just ask me, and I love them. With effort I can also be very sensible.:)

I wonder if I can make a tax deductible trip back to Australia for this

"Global Gabs" - the slick replacement to tommy talks!!!!

There's no way @"Mark from brisbane" Dave reads these forums. Impossible to see all the good work Hat does in his travels and not mention it! Impossible!!!!

Err....nothing to add really (obv)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8