I wanna root Jamie Lyon!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Central Coast Eagle

Reserve Grader
I think he deserves his own thread!
Unbelievable effort tonight, without his leadership I don;t think we win tonight!

*This post is brought to you by Jim Beam Devils Cut*

What an absolute champion player and leader he is. I was concerned he was going to struggle tonight, particularly with leaping and lateral movement. The first try he set up put all that to bed and the sight of him lining up the conversion made a mockery of all the hooha about whether or not he would play.

Well played tooves, keeping everyone guessing. Killer let the cat out of the bag in his post match interview, gotta love it.

He didn't win Captain of the Year (with Kingy) or The Man of Steel awards for nothing.
Maybe he was on the cows blood during the week!

I thought Jamie Lyon was no hope of playing against the cows. He is the best centre in the world atm. Inspirational captain and obviously well respected by the rest of the team.

I still believe without Lyon we would struggle to go b2b. The stats show that when he's not playing we only win 33% of games and 66% we he does play.

Jamie Lyon imo will go into the history books as one of the best players to don the maroon and white jersey.

Best centre in the world? Best player in the world. Smartest football brain in the world, no-one comes close.

I'd let him give me one this morning, and I'm pretty hungover. You want a cure for a hangover? It starts in 3 mins, Manly winning a sudden death Final.

voicefromthehill said:
His effort to clean up Thurstons chip kick in the first half was amazing. Jamie came running in from his position before Thurston had kicked it, Bowen had every right to think he was going to score - he saw what was going to happen.

Killers read on Thurstons kick could also be put down to great coaching!
Lyon was born to be a footballer,he's better than brilliant and we all love him here but as far him poofing him goes well ill leave that for you fellas haha..
Champion on the field and a top bloke off it,a real genuine country boy.

If anyone does actually root Killer then I think it fair that there be an expectation for you to report the event back here on this forum.

Just not in detail. Maybe a simple rating would suffice.

This thread is sick. Funnily, I was thinking the same thing last night though ! Hahahaha....he's just class in everything he does.

Hmmmmm I do love killer (in a Manly sort of way not a girly poofy sissy way) but I think rooting is going a bit too far..........Not that there's anything wrong with that.

If Menzies can play until 40 years of age, Jamie Lyon might have another 2 good NRL seasons in him before moving to the English Super League or joining Beaver in France.

voicefromthehill said:
His effort to clean up Thurstons chip kick in the first half was amazing. Jamie came running in from his position before Thurston had kicked it, Bowen had every right to think he was going to score - he saw what was going to happen.

This ^^

I mentioned to my kids last night as they were showing the replay that Lyon was off before Thurston had even thought about kicking. I also said in another thread yesterday it's what Lyon does off the ball that makes him special. All truly great players have this ability. Absolute genius.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6