I think Mark is the new Oracle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
@Mark from Brisbane i have been reading posts from you since approx Nov last year (from memory) where you clearly stated your belief that 2020 is the next year of the Eagle.

As you articulated - particularly mid '16 - that this was all about changing the guard, 'refreshing the roster', and building towards a new premiership window within 5 years.

Based on recent signings and list managamenent, you appear to be bang on. We are moving on talent based on long term planning (ie will they be peaking in 5 years?).

Plenty will point to Brown or Myles - but the reality is both will be gone by end of 2018. That will free up cap space for th 'final pieces' in the puzzle.

Rate me Optimistic if you want (claiming we won't win the comp for another 4 years is hardly optimistic) but the reality is that all I am doing is saying that I think Mark is right. And from now on, I will watch and judge the eagles based on performance, potential, and the Plan.

Sea Eagles 2020 - Marks clear vision ;-)

I like Mark, but he said he agreed with this 5 year plan from talking to someone else (was it crusher) so:

1) It's wasn't him and,
2) Wow gee the end of a group of our wonderful players means a year or two getting our **** together....groundbreaking stuff. No wait, it's from the captain obvious 101 class!
3) I'm freezing cold and hence annoyed! (Like Dan with his 'l' brackets.
4) Although Mark may be the new oracle, who knows? (mark...probably)
5) You know what they say about oracles....everyone's got one! lololololol
6)Did I mention I'm cold?
7)Now mark has retired, he should be employed as the GM of everything at Manly.
8)Carry on, nothing to see here.
9)I'm cold
10)The decimal system requires a tenth point.

But does 2020 maintain the record of a premiership every decade since the seventies?
Might be a technicality we don't want to run into.
No point busting a gut, let's aim at 2021.
:nerd::nerd::nerd:

But does 2020 maintain the record of a premiership every decade since the seventies?

2020 and 2021, just to cover all bases!!

sigh - 2020. I remember playing the board game "sealab 2020" when I was a kid. 2020 was just to foreign a year to even contemplate 'back then.'

@Mark from Brisbane i have been reading posts from you since approx Nov last year (from memory) where you clearly stated your belief that 2020 is the next year of the Eagle.

As you articulated - particularly mid '16 - that this was all about changing the guard, 'refreshing the roster', and building towards a new premiership window within 5 years.

Based on recent signings and list managamenent, you appear to be bang on. We are moving on talent based on long term planning (ie will they be peaking in 5 years?).

Plenty will point to Brown or Myles - but the reality is both will be gone by end of 2018. That will free up cap space for th 'final pieces' in the puzzle.

Rate me Optimistic if you want (claiming we won't win the comp for another 4 years is hardly optimistic) but the reality is that all I am doing is saying that I think Mark is right. And from now on, I will watch and judge the eagles based on performance, potential, and the Plan.

Sea Eagles 2020 - Marks clear vision ;-)

Love your work!!!

I like Mark, but he said he agreed with this 5 year plan from talking to someone else (was it crusher) so:

1) It's wasn't him and,
2) Wow gee the end of a group of our wonderful players means a year or two getting our **** together....groundbreaking stuff. No wait, it's from the captain obvious 101 class!
3) I'm freezing cold and hence annoyed! (Like Dan with his 'l' brackets.
4) Although Mark may be the new oracle, who knows? (mark...probably)
5) You know what they say about oracles....everyone's got one! lololololol
6)Did I mention I'm cold?
7)Now mark has retired, he should be employed as the GM of everything at Manly.
8)Carry on, nothing to see here.
9)I'm cold
10)The decimal system requires a tenth point.

Lol

Do you mean the Oracle from the Matrix, The Oracle from Silvertails or just a plain old run of the mill oracle??

If it's the second one he might consider that an insult. I tried to locate some rantings from the old Oracle but he must have been punted before the great fire burnt all the old records. I did notice that a new member joined in Aug 2016 and has dubbed himself Oracle so maybe he's back and waiting to strike?!

An Oracle I'm not, and as @globaleagle quite rightly suggested it was my discussions with Noel Cleal, and sitting beside him at the time Bob Fulton, watching Moree Boars ( with Scott Fulton) v Wee Waa Panthers ( with Jamie Lyon) that the 5 year plan was discussed ,that was 2003, history reports we won in 2008!

Noel said " you just cannot get instant success", there's not enough cap to do that.

At the time he said there were 3 keys to a Manly revival.

1) A world class centre .....Lyon.

2) A world class forward.......Kite.

3) A world class half......Orford.

All signed after this conversation.

He also said after so long in the wilderness Manly had to " learn to win again", and in 2005 we did that with Ben Kennedy.

So very much of where we where in 2003 mirrors today, a core of good players but short a few, which I think we will either create or acquire in the lead up to 2020.

Everyone's so down in the dumps at present but we should be enjoying the ride, we will have some failures, and we will have some success, and quite possibly some of our young guns ( Turbo's aside ) will grow to be the next big thing.

Yes I was wrong about Leary, but let's have this conversation again at the end of 2017/18 when I think we will be set up
for a top 4 shot in 2019, and a top 2 and Premiership in 2020.

1st Jan, 2019 is the beginning of the 2020 year. So a win in 2019 could be claimed as a win in the 2020's decade. A win in 2020 is a definite.

We really really have to do a Silvertails get together in season 2017, not sure if @Dan is planning on a home visit next year but that would be the ideal time. Not hard to organise , do it at a pre home game, leagues club or Brooky Hotel. No cost, nothing included,all we need is some name tags to stick on with your Silvertails name and real name underneath. Be fun to get the likes of @Ryan and @Woodsie face to face ( might have to include some boxing gloves). Needs to be a Saturday or Sunday game to allow workers to make it. If I'm not off in the caravan somewhere happy to take on the organising role.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4