I may have been wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I felt Myles was getting dominated in tackles too easily in the first two rounds, his play the balls were slow. He has improved that situation the last two weeks and was getting turtled less last night, which is crucial to setting/keeping our forward momentum.

Outright metres gained are a worthwhile stat in terms of effort made, but they don't tell the whole story. Give me 70 or 80m of quality line bending, quick play the ball runs every day, that's what dummy halves and playmakers can work magic with. 120m worth of being met at the advantage line, driven back 2m and rolled on your back while the defence gets set is commendable for effort, but won't win you many games.
So true. Quality meters can't be deciphered from just looking at the ARM stat. Just watch the best forwards. When they get tackled they don't get rolled onto their backs. Down on their front so it's quick up and play the ball or they draw the penalty.

The numbers look good but it's something with the old eye test. Never seems to sprint the ball up. Always looks like he's jogging. Maybe it's just his physique makes it look that way. Just doesn't look like a hard runner.

But looks (and stats) are the deceiving so maybe the truth lies in the middle somewhere.
On the surface, at times Nate can look a bit of a plodder when running. Just like Marty Bella did. And Bella was our most effective hard yard runner back then.

It's great to have the Sam Burgesses and James Grahams and Jason Taumalolos who are both spectacular and effective. Really great. And given a choice between spectacular and effective ...

The only issue I see with Myles is a bit like Kitey towards the end of his time with us is when he hits the line he turns his back to the tacklers and as such he makes it easy to get him in his back.

Don't get me wrong , I have great respect for Kitey but at this stage of their careers they are ( were) both doing the same thing.

Myles isn't a flashy player, and is not in the mold of many front rowers. I agree he has started a bit slow, but last night was a much better performance.

Kind of like you don't notice Nate because he stands out from the pack with line breaks and big tackles, you notice him because you realize you have nothing to pick on = he does all the hard, dirty jobs up the middle.

Brown made some pretty piss poor tackle attempts at critical times last night, think he tries hard though
And for somebody who is probably in the side for his defence. 4 missed tackles, 1 that gifted the try to Ferguson.
People are only getting a bit excited over him because it was a slight improvement on his previous games which were park footy standard. My mind hasn't changed, he should be our utility on the bench at best.

I'm not a Myles fan and never have been. However he was more than adequate against the Roosters. Maybe only playing half a game helped.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4