I just sacked Telstra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That is all.
I know, I know, I am very slow, but... yippeeee!
(Sorry for using the rugby league forum, GE please move anytime, lol)

Impossible to communicate with Telstra. If you could phone them about a problem it wouldn't be quite so bad.
We've just got NBN available in this area, my son lives a few doors away and recently went TPG and its been good, so I just followed suit. Felt like a huge weight lifted off me knowing I wouldn't have to wait hours on the phone or send stupid sms messages that they don't even respond properly to.

...If this doesn't work I might just go back to the stone age (and quite cheerfully)!!

Impossible to communicate with Telstra. If you could phone them about a problem it wouldn't be quite so bad.
Yes, I was having trouble when me the wife and kids were all relying on the NBN for work/school during the lockdown. I rang the number and at the end of all their prompts I got a message saying to download their app to troubleshoot the issue lol.

We've just got NBN available in this area, my son lives a few doors away and recently went TPG and its been good, so I just followed suit. Felt like a huge weight lifted off me knowing I wouldn't have to wait hours on the phone or send stupid sms messages that they don't even respond properly to.

...If this doesn't work I might just go back to the stone age (and quite cheerfully)!!
Ah if you are only talking NBN that’s different , yes pretty much any supplier will do the job for you.

I thought you were suggesting phone coverage.

Unfortunately Telstra have the best coverage once you get outside the metro areas.
Their plans can be expensive and resellers aren't on the full network coverage map (except Boost)
I'm on a new month to month plan which I can't complain about, $45 p/m with 80gb of downloads on 5G in areas that have it otherwise its 4G, after that its unlimited at 1500 speed.

funny you say that, I just through the same thing this arvo. Made about 10 phone calls, all I got recorded messages. I wanted to talk to someone but, oh no, thats too hard...:mad::mad::mad:

funny you say that, I just through the same thing this arvo. Made about 10 phone calls, all I got recorded messages. I wanted to talk to someone but, oh no, thats too hard...:mad::mad::mad:
To be honest that’s the way most companies have gone , almost no one wants to take a face to face phone call these days it’s all “ contact us on our chat line “.

No real option for me once you get away from the main stream anything BUT Telstra is absolute crap !!

Try using Vodafone or TPG or one of the others ( even Optus is patchy)on outback Australia and you’ll soon realise that if you don’t have Telstra you are screwed!!
I have Optus for my mobile and it really sucks. Reimbursement is coming they said.. but the problem still remains

I have Optus for my mobile and it really sucks. Reimbursement is coming they said.. but the problem still remains
Don’t know if you venture out from the city much but seriously if you do Optus lasts about 50km and then you get them at the next big town , whereas Telstra have a LOT more mobile towers.

A good example is between here and my old home town of Moree.

My wife has an Optus prepaid phone ( uses it rarely other than to make phone calls as she has an IPad which she prefers ), we leave Brisbane and head to Toowoomba , her phone does get some coverage , mine full bars of 4G.

We use the new Toowoomba bypass, her phone kicks into gear as we pass Toowoomba and then cuts out for the next 200kms to Goondiwindi, I have service all the way bar about 20 kms.

From Gundy to Moree ( 110kms) here cuts out 5 kms away and then 5kms to the two towns , mine remains as 4G the entire way.

Now that’s Optus , the second biggest coverage in Oz, if you have anything else it’s even worse again.

Telstra , if you travel , is the ONLY option.

Ten years ago we lived in a small village in the snowies, Telstra were the only show in town and didn't they let you know it, their customer service was non existent, if you had a problem you were simply told that you were welcome to change to another provider which of course there wasn't one so they wasted no money on improving the p*$$ poor network as they had no competition, I had to drive thirty kilometres to a lookout to get a signal on my mobile modem in order to carry out business, the worst and most arrogant telecommunications company on the face of the planet, unfortunately as Mark from Brisbane says, you can't go anywhere outside of the major cities without having to tie yourself to the bastards, they're the telecommunications equivalent of the Mafia, in this day and age it's a national disgrace

Yes, I was having trouble when me the wife and kids were all relying on the NBN for work/school during the lockdown. I rang the number and at the end of all their prompts I got a message saying to download their app to troubleshoot the issue lol.
Have you tried turning it on and off ?? LOL. Telstra are seriously the most inept corporation in Australia. Their customer service is an insult.

Don’t know if you venture out from the city much but seriously if you do Optus lasts about 50km and then you get them at the next big town , whereas Telstra have a LOT more mobile towers.

A good example is between here and my old home town of Moree.

My wife has an Optus prepaid phone ( uses it rarely other than to make phone calls as she has an IPad which she prefers ), we leave Brisbane and head to Toowoomba , her phone does get some coverage , mine full bars of 4G.

We use the new Toowoomba bypass, her phone kicks into gear as we pass Toowoomba and then cuts out for the next 200kms to Goondiwindi, I have service all the way bar about 20 kms.

From Gundy to Moree ( 110kms) here cuts out 5 kms away and then 5kms to the two towns , mine remains as 4G the entire way.

Now that’s Optus , the second biggest coverage in Oz, if you have anything else it’s even worse again.

Telstra , if you travel , is the ONLY option.
All telecommunication services in Australia run off telstra lines. Including NBN. Telstra make money either way thanks to the government. Telstra are laughing all the way to the bank. I just realised I went a little overkill with the word telstra. Telstra

Last edited:
All telecommunication services in Australia run off telstra lines. Telstra make money either way thanks to the government. Telstra are laughing all the way to the bank. I just realised I went a little overkill with the word telstra. Telstra
I doubt their shareholders agree with your opinion.
1602671747585.png

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4