I just dont get it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark, I'm not that young anymore but.
I wouldn't say they're performance enhancing, maybe in the nightclub.
If he gets on the disco biscuits or brown sugar afterwards, most likely his post match warm down would go longer than normal, he'll still wake up a day later with his bumps and bruises ( and maybe a few more ) but say with 10 hours less sleep, so in essence less recovery time.

WAMF said:
Rex said:
He said "in one sense" WAMF. Can you not read? George Brandis disease contagious?

Playing the man, Rex? You've already lost if you need to go down that path.
Focus on the rest of his statements, not merely three words that are pie in the sky.

That wasn't my quote WAMF, it was yours. They were the words you chose to quote and bold.

They were the words George Brandis ignored because it didn't fit his agenda. And you are doing the same.

Is there a single person on this forum not intimately aware of your political views?

What is your agenda WAMF? To turn the footy forum into your chosen political party's advertisement noticeboard?

StuBoot said:
If he gets on the disco biscuits or brown sugar afterwards, most likely his post match warm down would go longer than normal, he'll still wake up a day later with his bumps and bruises ( and maybe a few more ) but say with 10 hours less sleep, so in essence less recovery time.

Thanks, I would have thought the same (just like a huge night on the grog) but then thought "no maybe you wake up feeling like you had never taken them"

SO (again showing my lack of knowledge)

Do they take them simply because they are cheaper than booze??

nothing that goes into the body that isnt fruit, veg, proteins or carbs in the right quantity will help performance mark, wether or not thats pill, pizza, joints or jubes

At the end of the day someone who has a joint after a game is more likely to have a bath, watch a dvd and crash on the lounge which probably aids recovery as they are not out and they are sleeping . All the other stuff, i dont know or care to know about but it wouldnt be helpful unless it stopped them from ingesting 15 beers. That would be hard to weigh up

Mark from Brisbane said:
StuBoot said:

That's one reason. I'm led to believe there are differing results, different highs etc.

Thanks, I would have thought the same (just like a huge night on the grog) but then thought "no maybe you wake up feeling like you had never taken them"

SO (again showing my lack of knowledge)

Do they take them simply because they are cheaper than booze??

jbb/james said:
nothing that goes into the body that isnt fruit, veg, proteins or carbs in the right quantity will help performance mark, wether or not thats pill, pizza, joints or jubes

At the end of the day someone who has a joint after a game is more likely to have a bath, watch a dvd and crash on the lounge which probably aids recovery as they are not out and they are sleeping . All the other stuff, i dont know or care to know about but it wouldnt be helpful unless it stopped them from ingesting 15 beers. That would be hard to weigh up

In the old days we had 15 Schooies, that did the trick...until the next morning!!

Mark, I think this vid explains all your questions.

Edit: Actually, that song by afroman may not be appropriate for the young'uns.

wedgetail eagle said:
Every year we never get a "easy" start to the season. Every year there's something to foul up the kick off. Every bloody year!!
Amen to that its been years since we had a drama free start to a season, injuries, the titans trying to steal Sir Jamie Lyon and now this and it wont be over soon. and to susan who are these players? name them? we deserve to know as Manly fans! And if its recreational drugs then dont bother most people these days take them like said above todays generation chooses chemicals as there poison even that hack kyle sandilands powders his nose with people half his age, then is allowed a main role in x factor. the truth is people from all walks of life take these drugs and stopping them is too hard for our useless police force who now fine people for not indicating out of round abouts. truth hurts Go Manly

Des said:
wedgetail eagle said:
Every year we never get a "easy" start to the season. Every year there's something to foul up the kick off. Every bloody year!!
Amen to that its been years since we had a drama free start to a season, injuries, the titans trying to steal Sir Jamie Lyon and now this and it wont be over soon. and to susan who are these players? name them? we deserve to know as Manly fans! And if its recreational drugs then dont bother most people these days take them like said above todays generation chooses chemicals as there poison even that hack kyle sandilands powders his nose with people half his age, then is allowed a main role in x factor. the truth is people from all walks of life take these drugs and stopping them is too hard for our useless police force who now fine people for not indicating out of round abouts. truth hurts Go Manly

Piss off Rothfield! ;)

Chip and Chase said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I read elsewhere, that a person from the ACC said they have "made the numbers up" due to media pressure

Wow, foolish thing to say

Heard her interviewed this morning and she said that she was under pressure to put a figure on how many athletes are likely to be involved, so 150 was her best educated "guess". Unfortunately the media have picked that up and run with it (surprise, surprise !!!)

By illicit drug use Susan are you talking performance enhancing or recreational ?? If you mean recreational, then doesn't surprise me in the least, that's this generations choice of poison, they don't drink any more they get on the chemicals. Society wide issue that one, not just footballers.

Illicit also means legal drugs obtained with dodgy prescriptions. A bunch of cases spring to mind over past few seasons, easts and penrith for example. This could be widespread.

I wonder how it was decided to gather intelligence. The super league clubs have not got too much attention in the press and I wonder if intelligence gathering was restricted to certain clubs and areas within Australia.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6