I Hate Spreading Rumours But...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My mate (chook's fan) linked me this thread on the Rooster's forum; http://www.thechookpen.com.au/vb5/f...dney-roosters-discussion/681741-trent-barrett

"Speaking of coaches being sacked....

Heard a strong rumour the other day that Barrett went on a bender with players just before the start of the season. Apparently things are decidedly shaky over Brookvale way too."

Actually, I can tell you 100%, that Trent is one step away from Wayne Pearce when it comes to alcohol choice. Not to that extreme, but pretty close (a healthy body choice).

I've seen him at many events at The Wharf Bar, The Skiff Club and other venues, and he doesn't touch a drop of the stuff.

Another beat-up.

Maybe that forum reader read that rumour on all the empty brown paper bags floating around the stadium his team plays from. I can see a Melbourne Storm situation happening with them at some point. They should enjoy this good season while they get it.

Remember how they made such a big deal about how they stopped at the Brookie Hotel to have a beer on the way back from a game last year? That tells me it's he exception and not the norm so I'd go with @Ryan on this one.

Good on him if he did.
Probably do the boys the world of good anyway.
Bozo didn't mind the boys having a beer or 20 when he coached so doubtful any drama would come from him even if it was true.

Actually, I can tell you 100%, that Trent is one step away from Wayne Pearce when it comes to alcohol choice. Not to that extreme, but pretty close (a healthy body choice).

I've seen him at many events at The Wharf Bar, The Skiff Club and other venues, and he doesn't touch a drop of the stuff.

Another beat-up.

Maybe that forum reader read that rumour on all the empty brown paper bags floating around the stadium his team plays from. I can see a Melbourne Storm situation happening with them at some point. They should enjoy this good season while they get it.

Agreed that the rumour is total BS, and not questioning what you say about events you've observed him at, but that would be a big change from what Barrett was like with alcohol during/just after his playing career...@;)

Not that he was involved in so-called 'atrocities' or whatever, just that he was known for definitely enjoying a drink or 20. Push-ups on the bar in his undies and all that.

Agreed that the rumour is total BS, and not questioning what you say about events you've observed him at, but that would be a big change from what Barrett was like with alcohol during/just after his playing career...@;)

Not that he was involved in so-called 'atrocities' or whatever, just that he was known for definitely enjoying a drink or 20. Push-ups on the bar in his undies and all that.
Whilst it COULD be argued that SOME of the species need not imbibe in one single droplet of alcomohol to engage in such festivities.......
Sadly I don't know any.

I heard a strong rumour the other day that Carter, Knight and Robinson went on a bender before the start of the season also.
Robbo fell asleep first and the other lads shaved off his eyebrows.
That's why they've been dropped to play for Wyong.

See... that wasn't hard was it.

Wow - you could totally write for the Telegraph!

images-1.jpg

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
The rumour started about a month ago as "a high up official" of a club doing drugs - "recreational" was the word used, in front of players in a pre-season camp.

It has now pretty much been twisted into involve someone at every club in every possible combination of booze and drugs.

I also heard that Keiran foran was there and spent most of his time at the pubtab, Brad Arthur was there giving Baz tips on how to coach, Brett Stewart was kneeing everyone in the balls hence why he had to retire with a knee injury, Steve mattai was crash tackling everyone who wouldn't buy him a beer hence why he had to retire because of a shoulder injury and zorba ate all the food

Watmough would have been there as well buy couldn't work out how to get out of his car

Only one of these is true and it may not be the obvious one

Last edited:
I dont really care if he got pissed with the boys or not. As long as he didn't cause damage or abuse anyone.
Glad I am not famous or in the public eye. Look Duffman has drunk 10 beers tonight or eating KFC or told a dirty joke ......... what example is he setting he should be sacked, won't somebody think of the children.

Brett Stewart was kneeing everyone in the balls hence why he had to retire with a knee injury, Steve mattai was crash tackling everyone who wouldn't buy him a beer hence why he had to retire because of a shoulder injury

We should just come clean about these events to help us get those medical retirements approved by the NRL.

Forget rumours - these ppl have lives also and being realistic....often these stories are blown out of proportion....maybe he had a few beers with the players....so what??
If there was any more to it - pretty sure with Manly involved it would have made front page news by now.

I dont really care if he got pissed with the boys or not. As long as he didn't cause damage or abuse anyone.
Glad I am not famous or in the public eye. Look Duffman has drunk 10 beers tonight or eating KFC or told a dirty joke ......... what example is he setting he should be sacked, won't somebody think of the children.

The trouble is that every time you do something I cop the abuse for it.
I don't deserve any of it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4