1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel sorry for MWTS

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by captainskin, Sep 21, 2012.

1. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 /0
    For them to make all that effort and to have to put up with that useless, frightful, and shocking display... and from the start. I can handle a loss. But that was a sheer capitulation from... it's as if they had money on Melbourne and they were throwing the game. My hat is off to you travelling supporters. No supporters deserve to see their teams play like that.
    I can't recall ever turning my tv off with fifteen minutes left to go. But you proud supporters who made all that effort have no where to go.

2. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 /20
    Totally agree, should lose another couple of hundred to travel that far again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,905 /20
      The players should pay for their trip.

• Like Like x 1
      • Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +310 /0
        Still would have loved to be down there tonight, always great fun. I was down there when we got flogged by the Storm in the 09 finals & it is a shocking feeling walking out of there after seeing your team get flogged. Though the MWTS will all be feeling much better after they get a few brews down them.

• lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +213 /1
        I guess no drinks with the team tonight?

• The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +6,127 /133
        Well done all you travelling supporters. You deserved better. The only saving grace is that we were totally outplayed - even a dud video ref call and Melbourne being continually inside the 10-metres didn't change the outcome. I would have been more gutted if we'd been beaten by a few points.

• sean1976

sean1976 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +341 /15
        When was the last time a team was penalised for being inside the 10?

• bones

bones Bones Knows

Ratings:
        +9,036 /102
        I'm glad I came down here. Proud of the season we had. Had a fun night in spite of the result. Even if I knew the score line before I came, I would still have come. Manly till I die!

• Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

Ratings:
        +2,125 /14
        Champion

• Av8r

Av8r Active Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +178 /11
        Worst effing performance since the last time we played a final in Melbourne. I'm pissed off I had to fork out $130 to watch that. I'm Manly until I die too but after the effort we all put in to turn up tonight our team could have at least rewarded us with a half decent effort! Snake and Killer were the only ones putting in and maybe Joe G as well.

• Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +1,590 /38
        Well done to the MWTS! Massive effort to get to Melbourne in time for a Friday night game.

• HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +15,429 /324
        Exactly!
        Support includes the elation and the commiseration.
        If life was a predetrmined sequence of events, we would be bored to death.

Loved travelling the countryside (and NZ) anticipating the wins, forgetting the losses and ever excited about the next season:)

The physical pain the Players were in tonight pales in comparison to their anguish at delivering such a below par performance:angel:

The elation of Brisbane,Perth and Townsville is what I will reminisce over:)

And Bones does have a year of Anzac Cookies to munch on in the off season. Manly did beat Melbourne - in the half time skills test:p

1947 Active Member

Ratings:
        +83 /0
        Good on you mate. Enjoy your trip

• globaleagle

globaleagle Deux bourbons s'il vous plait Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +11,177 /92
        I blame "Mark from Brisbane"