I don't understand this

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184009.msg274271#msg274271 date=1279020988]

My beef is that it shouldn't have got to that in the first place.

No it shouldn't of happened but it did and you can't dwell on it forever. Time to move on.
[/quote] I agree with you - time to move on.  Time to start practicing the last rites. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=184009.msg274272#msg274272 date=1279021207]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184009.msg274271#msg274271 date=1279020988]

My beef is that it shouldn't have got to that in the first place.

No it shouldn't of happened but it did and you can't dwell on it forever. Time to move on.
[/quote] I agree with you - time to move on.  Time to start practicing the last rites. 
[/quote]

The last rites? Is that what the cashed up Penns are waiting for?

Matabele link said:
I agree with you - time to move on.  Time to start practicing the last rites. 

The influx of some sheep to this forum has you posting with renewed vigour. 

In all seriousness what do you want from the club ? Would you have preferred Delmege and Penns never got involved ? Where would be now if they didn't come to the rescue, there would have been no 2008 premiership, no WCC, no finals appearances. There'd be no point arguing about retaining player A and B, because we'd be living on the scraps of other clubs discards. We'd be Canberra or Cronulla, that's what we'd be. I know you don't rate Lowe, and frankly I would still love to have Mayer here given the choice, but personally I don't see anything from a fan point of view that Lowe has done wrong. The flavour of the month from the whingers seems to be some marketing speak about communication and connecting with the fans, I'd be interested to know what your average fan thinks they are "entitled" to from the club. Personally if I could get updates about injuries and maybe the courtesy of a heads up on signings and the like before the general public, then I don't see what else we are entitled to.

I know you like to snipe away and stir the pot, and you'll get plenty of bites from the disaffected refugees no doubt. But in all seriousness, what tangible change would you like to see undertaken by the "club" that would improve your outlook.

Matabele link said:
Wow vidmar - that must be your shortest post ever.  People might start reading your stuff if you lose your prolix.  

By the way...Chip and Chase...some good points

Matabele - Prolix – sorry mate, I had to check that one (see, I told you?) but I took advice (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prolix )
Maybe consider that I may have something to say and am keen to respond in detail to other posters and give a factual perspective to viewers of the forum rather than lobbing in “smart arsed” abuse and then sit looking smug behind a key board after deriding people who can’t and won’t defend themselves on the same forum?

Dangerous ground to be re-hashing the Mayer debacle when most in the know realise that his alienation of the Leagues Club and Football Club (which funnily enough were the only two entities that were governed by “members” (ie supporters of the club/team)) were the catalyst of his demise?

To the uninitiated, the majority vote that in effect didn’t support him was supported by the representatives of the two entities above – if it was such a bad thing why did the members (around 22,000 people – for that read people who support the club financially) support the re-election of the boards of the two member based owners of our club and not rise up and rebel against the decision?

It's truly amazing what a loss (that everyone expected to be a win) has done to the attitudes of people this week, as Dan has stated elsewhere that there's never been a week like it.

In fact what C & C says above is about right, updates on injuries, details when players have been signed (or resigned), details when players have been lost....is really about all we as fans have a right to expect. Questions about management,finance and controversial issues such as Delmege V Penn should not be made public to anyone other than the board.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=184009.msg274273#msg274273 date=1279021642]
I agree with you - time to move on.  Time to start practicing the last rites.  

and you'll get plenty of bites from the disaffected refugees no doubt.
[/quote]

So we're sheep and disaffected refuges!!Grow up mentally!!You're probably cranky because there's a little more debate on here,and your little voice is getting drowned out!

I don't think anyone would complain if our new fearless leader chose to defend himself here.  His predecessor was smart enough to engage the fan base in that way.  Or maybe he's happy to have a blind lackey or two to be his mouth piece?  C&C, signing Foran would be a good start.  Can't be that hard, surely?

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=184009.msg274277#msg274277 date=1279023049]
I agree with you - time to move on.  Time to start practicing the last rites. 

[/quote]

So we're sheep and disaffected refuges!!Grow up mentally!!You're probably cranky because there's a little more debate on here,and your little voice is getting drowned out!
[/quote]

Evening Ajaay, have a read of the posts from page 2 of this thread, have sip to stop you coughing and then think about what is going on here please mate?

Mata - is that it? Blind lackeys (or those who are concerned, take time to find out, respond to questions and communicate?)

Matabele link said:
I don't think anyone would complain if our new fearless leader chose to defend himself here.  His predecessor was smart enough to engage the fan base in that way.  Or maybe he's happy to have a blind lackey or two to be his mouth piece?  C&C, signing Foran would be a good start.  Can't be that hard, surely?

What about the rest of them or does the CEO have complete autonomy?

vidmar link said:
I'm waiting for the latest journo expose \"Manly fans call for Hasler to be axed\" (see post \"Des is the weakest link\") of \"Max is no longer the King of Brookvale\" (see post \"Max is a clown\") or \"Manly lose key players to crap management\" (read any number of posts including \"a pen for the CEO\")

Get a grip here...and again, if you don't understand why the club is not going public with what sponsors they are in talks with, they are not opening their accounts to the public or they are not telling the world where they are up to with player signings and negotiations then you are not as smart as you would have us believe?

mate, I'm not sure I've ever pretended to be smart. Just a hugely passionate Sea Eagles fan that is concerned about where the team is heading on and off the field?

My ' A pen for the CEO' thread, was the result of pent up frustration at being kicked off the club website and a culmination of concerns that I hold. It was intended to raise awareness that Foran was 'unsigned' and even prompted your kind self to make enquiries with the club. Not such a bad thing really?
I also put a number of what I call 'reasonable' questions on another thread yesterday titled 'Are we in serious poop'
http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=183982.0

Here's a copy of my original post -

1. Poor form on the field.

2. Questionable form off the field.

3. A CEO who is not really a 'CEO'.

4. Inability to retain players. (Hodko, Tassi and now Matai, there is bound to be more)

5. Negligible communication re any type of update from the club to members and fans (it's paying customers)

6. Closing part of the official web site down. Ironicaly, the very area that previously allowed it's customer base to talk about the club they pay to support. Reasons sited were 'free speech' and 'no available staff member to monitor the forum'. If it's the later, which I suspect it is, then it can only be because we are short of $ at the office.

7. We have one of the owners reportedly having 'cash flow' issues.

8. A coach that feels it's his duty to give the followers of this club nothing (in terms of cutting short press conferences and not permitting cameras/reporters ect) who then pass the info and pictures on the same people that pay to support the team.

9. Our star player facing massive criminal charges

10. Major sponsor leaving at end of season. Hardly a queue to be on the front of the jersey right now.

11. We keep hearing the 'salary cap' excuse from the club.
Are we actually even spending the full value of the cap?).

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I am convinced that we have MASSIVE problems. The ones on the field are obvious. The others, perhaps not so but it saddens me to think this is not the same successful club that we all knew, any more.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Vid, I'm not alone in saying this but all I would like is for the club to refute some, if not most of these suggestions?
While the club remain completely silent, (especially being aware of the many frustrations fans hold) I won't sit silently twiddling my thumbs while the frustration continues to mount.

Cheers,

Matabele link said:
I don't think anyone would complain if our new fearless leader chose to defend himself here.  His predecessor was smart enough to engage the fan base in that way.  Or maybe he's happy to have a blind lackey or two to be his mouth piece?  C&C, signing Foran would be a good start.  Can't be that hard, surely?

I never saw Grant Mayer post here, just as I don't expect Graham Lowe to post here. I'm also not sure what he has to defend himself against.

Agree that signing Foran would be great, but do you not thinking they are trying ? Is that all that is peeing you off at the moment ??

vidmar link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=184009.msg274280#msg274280 date=1279023627]
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=184009.msg274277#msg274277 date=1279023049]
I agree with you - time to move on.  Time to start practicing the last rites.  

[/quote]

[/quote]

Evening Ajaay, have a read of the posts from page 2 of this thread, have sip to stop you coughing and then think about what is going on here please mate?

Mata - is that it? Blind lackeys (or those who are concerned, take time to find out, respond to questions and communicate?)
[/quote]

F**k anyone calling me a sheep-if he wants to play sheep,I'll be the front,he can be the sheeps a**e!

WAMF link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=184009.msg274099#msg274099 date=1279005855]

WAMF - (to readers we know each other well) I appreciate your concern so here (In a public forum) is my feedback mate

I'm waiting for the latest journo expose \"Manly fans call for Hasler to be axed\" (see post \"Des is the weakest link\") of \"Max is no longer the King of Brookvale\" (see post \"Max is a clown\") or \"Manly lose key players to crap management\" (read any number of posts including \"a pen for the CEO\")

Get a grip here...and again, if you don't understand why the club is not going public with what sponsors they are in talks with, they are not opening their accounts to the public or they are not telling the world where they are up to with player signings and negotiations then you are not as smart as you would have us believe?

mate, I'm not sure I've ever pretended to be smart. Just a hugely passionate Sea Eagles fan that is concerned about where the team is heading on and off the field?

My ' A pen for the CEO' thread, was the result of pent up frustration at being kicked off the club website and a culmination of concerns that I hold. It was intended to raise awareness that Foran was 'unsigned' and even prompted your kind self to make enquiries with the club. Not such a bad thing really?
I also put a number of what I call 'reasonable' questions on another thread yesterday titled 'Are we in serious poop'
http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=183982.0

Here's a copy of my original post -

1. Poor form on the field - Agreed, you have seen me and my upset at losing (and  I remember you re the 2007 GF?) - especially at the big away games? You will remember how gutted the team was at after match functions when we lost?

2. Questionable form off the field - Vague so can't answer?

3. A CEO who is not really a 'CEO'. - "Please explain?" - A CEO in my experience is not always answerable to the customer base (eg who heads up Rio Tinto, NAB, Manchester United or the New York Yankees?)

4. Inability to retain players. (Hodko, Tassi and now Matai, there is bound to be more) - read my post re retention of players?

5. Negligible communication re any type of update from the club to members and fans (it's paying customers) - read my post re retention of players (as to the type of communication to the wider world) location is of course affecting you here mate? When you have had the chance to chat to players and officials face to face it's easier and more effective than getting stuff from a public forum?)

6. Closing part of the official web site down. Ironicaly, the very area that previously allowed it's customer base to talk about the club they pay to support. Reasons sited were 'free speech' and 'no available staff member to monitor the forum'. If it's the later, which I suspect it is, then it can only be because we are short of $ at the office. - This has been covered in detail - call me or email me if you need to discuss more or have points to pass back to the club?

7. We have one of the owners reportedly having 'cash flow' issues. - You're kidding? who would go public with that sort of issue?

8. A coach that feels it's his duty to give the followers of this club nothing (in terms of cutting short press conferences and not permitting cameras/reporters ect) who then pass the info and pictures on the same people that pay to support the team - Mate - he's talking to the press which in turn we get - long bow mate? Press is the world (I'd do the same in his situation?)

9. Our star player facing massive criminal charges - WAMF, No way can he go public on this?

10. Major sponsor leaving at end of season. Hardly a queue to be on the front of the jersey right now. - You know that do you? If I was on the verge (or even confident) of a major deal I'd not be yelling about it until signed - would you?

11. We keep hearing the 'salary cap' excuse from the club.
Are we actually even spending the full value of the cap?). - Don't know - do we even have the cash to spend - would I tell the world about it if I didn't? Would I let potential players know I may not be able to pay them next season?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I am convinced that we have MASSIVE problems. The ones on the field are obvious. The others, perhaps not so but it saddens me to think this is not the same successful club that we all knew, any more.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Vid, I'm not alone in saying this but all I would like is for the club to refute some, if not most of these suggestions?
While the club remain completely silent, (especially being aware of the many frustrations fans hold) I won't sit silently twiddling my thumbs while the frustration continues to mount.

Cheers,

[/quote]

Ok, so I should not post my concerns on a public forum (even though said public forum is where the club suggested we go to allow us our free speech).
We had a members only forum, that ironically, we still pay for, that was shut down on us for reasons really only known by the club.
If the club was concerned about journalists, then why close the 'non public' forum that they had in place?

I'm not sure if you are hinting that I stop posting my thoughts here because some hack might quote a line here and there?

The Sea Eagles have created a secret society.
If the club was a tad more open (communication wise) and god forbid open to even the slightest form of consultation with members, then perhaps many of the threads here wouldn't exist?
It's like the chicken and the egg argument.

So please give me an alternative?

Maybe Graham Lowe's direct phone number?

Mate, the club explained why the forum was closed down - whether we agree with it or not there were valid reasons for them to do so especially in the area of risk and legalities.

I know you are passionate about the club and you like me would like to know a whole lot of things regarding aspects such as player retention, who we are chasing, how we are travelling financially and other stuff such as sponsorship potentials etc.

I'm not suggesting that you don't post these questions but what I am saying (and giving reasons for) is that these aspects are not things that will be discussed by the club or communicated in an open forum.

I'm also saying that this repetitive bagging and all criticism of people and aspects regarding the club in a public forum are not going to solve anything and are not helping foster links with the club or giving them any encouragement to be more open with fans.

Realistically even an email to members on these aspects will go public (I know several people associated with the media who are members) - how many times did we see info from MWSE posted on here and other forums within minutes of it arriving?

If you would like to speak with Graham Lowe your best bet is to call the club on 02 9970 3000 and they'll put you through?

If you want to speak to me you have my number and happy to answer any questions that I can?

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=184009.msg274281#msg274281 date=1279024351]
I don't think anyone would complain if our new fearless leader chose to defend himself here.  His predecessor was smart enough to engage the fan base in that way.  Or maybe he's happy to have a blind lackey or two to be his mouth piece?  C&C, signing Foran would be a good start.  Can't be that hard, surely?

I never saw Grant Mayer post here, just as I don't expect Graham Lowe to post here. I'm also not sure what he has to defend himself against.

Agree that signing Foran would be great, but do you not thinking they are trying ? Is that all that is peeing you off at the moment ??
[/quote]

Reyam?

This thread needs a whole lot of Manning up

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7