I don't rate St George on that. Manly comments within.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Nahh still don't buy em.

On the positive side their defense on the line is great, magnificient in fact, and its likely the Bennet factor in play here. But, look, Manly were over them today. Manly had absolutely no luck today with stupid bounces and the cheat try. This game was there to be won.

In the finals Saints are gonna get a rude shock. I wouldn't be upset if Manly played them first because it wont take much to win against these mugs. Manly won't make the 4 anyway.

I think Manly have the talent to win the premiership, but they have some very glaring issues to sort out.

(1) Positioning : For gods sake why do Manly let in all these length of the field tries? - where is the fullback half the time?. Solution: Hey put Hoppa in - I'm sick of Robbo and Farrar playing back there looking like Deers in headlights. The way Soward ran around Robbo tonight is not good enough.

Watmough needs to find some passion. He's not a hit up guy, he's a broken field runner. The guy is never backing up other players. Until he does that he will continue to look like a crab in heat.

Manly need to watch video of the 2008 side. These horrible lapses in concentration when the opponent shows a glimpse of skill (and a glimpse it was) is really worrying. Foran and Stewart seem to be blame more often than not.

I'll live with Hodko, Foran and Trex. I have faith that they will keep Manly in games. Lets leave it up to Stewart on the fringes feeding the ball to the likes of Lyon and Matia who are the true superstars of the side.

The forwards are fine but please NO MORE BAILEY.

I think with a bit of luck, fixing the problems above, and the absence of the bull**** bad luck we saw tonight this team can challenge for the premiership. It's wide open in my opinion.

NYEagle

We have a guy in the number 7 jumper who is supposed to be our playmaker and he goes missing in action in most 2nd halves. You just dont see any involvement from him at all in most 2nd halves when we need someone to steer the ship.

we are absolutely mince meat come semis time and we call them chokers!! We are too slow, no direction, no urgency, crap kicking game near the line, woeful goal line defence, watmough missing all year, I could keep going. Robbo, Tony, Foran, Hodko, Watmough, Perry, Rose, Bailey are all playing average footy so unless they raise their game we will be out 1st week or to save the pain, miss the top 8. I'll ask my workmates tomorrow about having the talent to win the comp! The only players playing well are matai, lyon, glen, rodney, ballin, king and kite. That makes 7!! Why don't we put a jack in the box attacaker on the bench, seu seu, someone who can do something.

Darren, while I don;t agree with all your assessments of players playing well, or poorly, I do agree that we need someone who can attack on our bench.

I would bring in Seuseu for Bailey as he is going great guns with Sunny Coast. Could take the utility spot on the bench that Bailey takes up and is faster that Bailey.

NYEagle link said:
Nahh still don't buy em.

On the positive side their defense on the line is great, magnificient in fact, and its likely the Bennet factor in play here. But, look, Manly were over them today. Manly had absolutely no luck today with stupid bounces and the cheat try. This game was there to be won.

In the finals Saints are gonna get a rude shock. I wouldn't be upset if Manly played them first because it wont take much to win against these mugs. Manly won't make the 4 anyway.

I think Manly have the talent to win the premiership, but they have some very glaring issues to sort out.

(1) Positioning : For gods sake why do Manly let in all these length of the field tries? - where is the fullback half the time?. Solution: Hey put Hoppa in - I'm sick of Robbo and Farrar playing back there looking like Deers in headlights. The way Soward ran around Robbo tonight is not good enough.

Watmough needs to find some passion. He's not a hit up guy, he's a broken field runner. The guy is never backing up other players. Until he does that he will continue to look like a crab in heat.

Manly need to watch video of the 2008 side. These horrible lapses in concentration when the opponent shows a glimpse of skill (and a glimpse it was) is really worrying. Foran and Stewart seem to be blame more often than not.

I'll live with Hodko, Foran and Trex. I have faith that they will keep Manly in games. Lets leave it up to Stewart on the fringes feeding the ball to the likes of Lyon and Matia who are the true superstars of the side.

The forwards are fine but please NO MORE BAILEY.

I think with a bit of luck, fixing the problems above, and the absence of the bulls**t bad luck we saw tonight this team can challenge for the premiership. It's wide open in my opinion.

NYEagle

I 100% agree with your post
I truly do think that if we had another crack at them in September we could beat them.
Did you hear des in the press conference, he said something on the line of " they got us this time"
I think he knows he has a game plan to beat them.

Anway i think us and brisbane if Darren Lockyer is fit will be the 2 sides no one wants to play 1st week of the finals.

Finally has tony abbort announced yet what funding brookvale oval is going to get if he wins office?  There  was an article in the Manly daily on Saturday saying he would announce something this week.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4