I can handle the pressure, says Bulldogs saviour Burton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The difference between playing centre outside the NSW halves, for the best team in the comp and being the primary playmaker for the wooden spooners is immeasurable. No doubt Burton is a talent but he has one hell of a learning curve infront of him. Hope he kills it but doubt he is the miracle that the Bulldogs are in need of.

I’d be inclined to leave burton at centre.
He was so dynamic in the centres .
Such a great runner .
All the speed, agility and evasiveness to screw his opponents and he often did .
His defence was also spot on .
The complete competitive centre who dominates in attack as well as defence

it will take a few years but burton will be a gun. proper playmaker learning his craft. reminds me of thurston. wants the ball, directs play inadvertently because his constant focus is getting up the other end

it will take a few years but burton will be a gun. proper playmaker learning his craft. reminds me of thurston. wants the ball, directs play inadvertently because his constant focus is getting up the other end
Yeah I agree, there was one game must have been during origin when the other halves were out, and he was everywhere, it didn't all come off but he wasn't sitting back waiting for someone else to take charge. Ticks all the boxes, and Panthers will already be regretting his departure, but 'you can't keep them all'*

* some exceptions apply

I see him more like Laurie Daley or Jamie Lyon. He would go well at 6, but much better in the centres. He’s a runner more than a playmaker.

Thing is - Burtons Trump card is to run the footy....he is not so much an organiser who controls a game, which is what the Dogs seem to expect from him.
He is a Very good young player and if he had Cleary or Reynolds as the general, he could play his natural game and prove very dangerous, I think the expectation is ridiculous and Burton will regret this move before the 2022 season is over.

I'm dubious on most of the Bulldogs signings but not Burton, he will do well

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4