Hysterical Threads & Posts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Hysterical Threads & Posts

I know there have been one or two hysterical threads and many posts on here, but if you really want to see ill informed & hysterical Forum posts take a wander over to The Bai Stand.

I am highly amused ;D

Re: Hysterical Threads & Posts

yes it's been going off over there....I actually feel sorry for them (the Storm fans).....you can only begin to imagine what it would be like on here if it was Manly going through tjhis!

Manly should seriously chase Dane Chisholm - he is a local boy. Also what ever happened to Jai Jones-Weigold - i heard he was coming back to Manly last year.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
yes it's been going off over there....I actually feel sorry for them (the Storm fans).....you can only begin to imagine what it would be like on here if it was Manly going through tjhis!

What I find most interesting is that they actually blame News Limited for everything and believe the players, coach, Management and now fired Board are completely innocent victims.

Talk about a warped take on things

Personally I liked the post telling News Ltd to get out of their club NOW! They lose money hand over fist and want shaft a company who plans to pump $14M into them next year.

And Gallop doesnt think the players were involved either but none of them gave any statements. The player managers involved should be stripped of accreditation and brought to justice for fraud, then we will see how much the players knew of this. The players managers will start singing what was really happening and the players will be brought down.  

Overall the longer this thing plays out the worse it is for the game in general. The case against the NRL from the Board members is ridiculous and should be removed as soon as possible. More people would have known what was going on then the accused.

Rambo1987 link said:
And Gallop doesnt think the players were involved either but none of them gave any statements. The player managers involved should be stripped of accreditation and brought to justice for fraud, then we will see how much the players knew of this. The players managers will start singing what was really happening and the players will be brought down. 

I'd suspect David Gallop discussing it (the players part) with his mates around a BBQ would be a bit different to the public line he is saying.

He basically came out yesterday and said he takes their "innocence" with a highly skeptical grain of salt.

Rambo, you are so right, identify the player managers and kick them out of the game.  Accreditation should be based on some sort of honesty.  If it doesn't happen, then we'll all know that there's a cover-up by Gallop and his cronies. 

Yeah, i've thought the same thing ever since the first new broke.  A players decisions are very heavily influenced by their managers advice.  I wonder who would have taken any under the table payments if their manager strongly advised against it?

How couldn't the players or players manager not know. If I am not wrong there were two separate signed contracts.

That in its self should have started ringing alarm bells.

They get what they deserve. The only losers in all of this is the game, the fans and the teams that have lost to a team that cheats.

DSM5 link said:
Rambo, you are so right, identify the player managers and kick them out of the game.  Accreditation should be based on some sort of honesty.  If it doesn't happen, then we'll all know that there's a cover-up by Gallop and his cronies. 
Is it really Gallop doing a cover-up? He hasn't even seen the News Ltd report!
Another thing is that if players start getting busted, then no-one really knows how far this will go. A few publicly outed player cheats might say, 'well I'm not as bad as so-and-so at XYZ club, they are getting more than I' etc etc.
I can't help suspecting that poverty & lack of opportunity are the chief reasons why many clubs have not tried to do similar to Storm.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=184099.msg275792#msg275792 date=1279261032]
Is it really Gallop doing a cover-up? He hasn't even seen the News Ltd report!
Another thing is that if players start getting busted, then no-one really knows how far this will go. A few publicly outed player cheats might say, 'well I'm not as bad as so-and-so at XYZ club, they are getting more than I' etc etc.
I can't help suspecting that poverty & lack of opportunity are the chief reasons why many clubs have not tried to do similar to Storm.
[/quote]

I would go as far as saying at least 2 -3 teams are doing this and at least 6 - 8 are trying to do it.

The only way they got caught was an insider gave them up - if someone didnt whistleblow on them they would be sitting on top of the comp.

The auditing of clubs by the NRL is woeful.  There has to be a better system than the current one.  Why hasn't the brains-trust of the NRL come up with something better?  My guess is that they really couldn't care.

A self-audit from an organisation that also owns half the game.  Sounds like something out of ZANU PF.

Large organisations audit themselves all the time, my employer does, is it really that strange?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4