HYPOTHETICAL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I know they have this in the cricket, and I know the players are saying they are being burnt out travelling overseas after the season. But would you guys pay money to go see a three match series between say an Australian side, and an Australian "A" side. For example, this is what we could be looking at:-

CURRENT SIDE:-

01. Anthony Minichello
02. Matt King
03. Mark Gasnier
04. Shaun Berrigan
05. Luke Rooney
06. Darren Lockyer
07. Andrew Johns
08. Luke Bailey
09. Danny Buderus
10. Jason Riles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Craig Wing
15. Petro Civineceva
16. Willie Mason
17. Andrew Ryan

versus say an Australian "A" side like:-

01. Billy Slater
02. Timana Tahu
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Matt Cooper
05. Erik Growthe
06. Trent Barrett
07. Matt Orford
08. Mark O'Mealey
09. Cameron Smith
10. Steve Simpson
11. Glenn Morrison
12. Ben Creagh
13. Tony Carroll

14. Craig Gower
15. Brent Kite
16. Brad Thorn
17. Joel Clinton

I know I'd go to watch it, and I'd probably pay top dollar to see it.

What do you guys think?

Id go and watch it. There is so much talent in RL at the moment that is wasted by not letting some of the fringe rep players have a go.

By the look of those two sides, it would be a hard game to split and I would definatly be heading along to watch it.

BTW, what is boring is the same old replying for the sake of it. People wonder why a lot of us have been scarse latly. Is it any wonder why when you have to filter through crap to read anything of subsance.

I would watch it for sure, would be a great game and would give great entertainment - would just like to see Jason King in there ;)

You need a side with fans etc to play for. Games for the sake of it don't stir the imagination or get the needles up on the back of the neck!!

I was thinking that too John. He was a VERY close inclusion.

Well done Corso & CC - you are both stars.

Thank you Flipper - I agree. It gets tedious when people don't want to add value.

that would make a cracker of a game. Id have to go for side A cause of BK and Joey. He may play for the Knights but he is a freak.

Interesting concept, but it would never work. Rugby League is a sport which is a combination of skill and physical confrontation, where intimidation, commitment without regard for health and courage are as valuable as the ability to catch pass and run. There has to be a desire there to put the body on the line, and a game like this would not provide that. It might be a showcase for flair but it would lack any substance. Luke Bailey and Jason Ryles are hardly going to want to smash Ben Creagh on his first hit up, similarly Johns and Buderus would run at Simpson all game as they know that they are not going to cop one. Mate against mate only works in SOO, which has history and tradition and a reputation of being the ultimate standard of RL. At best this Australia v Australia A would be something akin to the exhibition matches or testimonial matches, which end up with a scoreline of 48-44 and a missed tackle count to rival our efforts agianst Cronulla a few weeks back.

It works in cricket because it is essentially an individual sport, the batsmen are trying to get runs and the bowlers are trying to get wickets. There is no physical element to the sport (unless Dennis Lillee and Javed Miandad are playing)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4