Hypothetical - Tamou or Taupau...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Since I think most of us thought we were "a chance of" getting Tamou for much of the 2015 season, when considering a marquee front rower...are we happier with getting Kapow instead? I think I am personally...bit more aggression, maybe more of a game-breaker...but then Tamou is more of a worker.

I guess you could add Moa to the equation as well, another name we threw around for a bit.

Since we already have a workhorse or two (Turbo, Myles) I think Kapow adds the right balance.

Interested to hear thoughts.

Isn't Taupau a backrower? Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't really watch all that much last season. I've got the itch back though, that's for sure. Tamou is a huge prop. With us getting Myles and Lussick, and having a relatively small backrow with Brown, Buhrer & others in it, I'm glad we got him.

If I'm the opposition, do I run at Taufua, Taupau or Matai - jesus christ that's scary.

Defiantly the right singing was made out of the two. We don't need a battering ram even though Tamou is one of the best. An explosive game breaker is what we needed to balance out the roster.

Marty will do exactly what Watmough did when he first came into first grade. The guy was a wrecking ball.

He is exactly what we needed. Bring on 2016.

I said a while ago , what we lack is an aggressive forward , a dynamic hooker (sorry MB), and a 5/8 to replace $Forme.

We have all 3 now, although I have a sneaking suspicion that a one year signing for Isaac John maybe somewhat of a "transition to 2017", when I expect we'll go hard for a 5/8 and a speedy back (or two) to replace Skivvy & KIller, both of whom I reckon might move on to the ESL at the end of this year.

I said a while ago , what we lack is an aggressive forward , a dynamic hooker (sorry MB), and a 5/8 to replace $Forme.

We have all 3 now, although I have a sneaking suspicion that a one year signing for Isaac John maybe somewhat of a "transition to 2017", when I expect we'll go hard for a 5/8 and a speedy back (or two) to replace Skivvy & KIller, both of whom I reckon might move on to the ESL at the end of this year.
John and moltzen would be stop-gap players you would think.

Isn't Taupau a backrower? Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't really watch all that much last season. I've got the itch back though, that's for sure. Tamou is a huge prop. With us getting Myles and Lussick, and having a relatively small backrow with Brown, Buhrer & others in it, I'm glad we got him.

If I'm the opposition, do I run at Taufua, Taupau or Matai - jesus christ that's scary.
nah, just pass the ball early, very early!

If I was given the choice a month or so ago of any player taupau would have easily been in my top 2. The other would be Sam Burgess. We need a player like Taupau. He could become the worlds best back rower. And he has a quality you just can't teach, he's frightening. Some players just don't have it. Nathan Hindmarsh was a top player. He was never going to scare me. Taupau, Tallis, spud Carroll. These are players that smash defensive lines and worry the opposition with their physicality.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4