1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypothetical - Tamou or Taupau...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Freagle, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Freagle

Freagle Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +807 /19
    Since I think most of us thought we were "a chance of" getting Tamou for much of the 2015 season, when considering a marquee front rower...are we happier with getting Kapow instead? I think I am personally...bit more aggression, maybe more of a game-breaker...but then Tamou is more of a worker.

I guess you could add Moa to the equation as well, another name we threw around for a bit.

Since we already have a workhorse or two (Turbo, Myles) I think Kapow adds the right balance.

Interested to hear thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +8,116 /369
      Isn't Taupau a backrower? Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't really watch all that much last season. I've got the itch back though, that's for sure. Tamou is a huge prop. With us getting Myles and Lussick, and having a relatively small backrow with Brown, Buhrer & others in it, I'm glad we got him.

If I'm the opposition, do I run at Taufua, Taupau or Matai - jesus christ that's scary.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +654 /51
        Defiantly the right singing was made out of the two. We don't need a battering ram even though Tamou is one of the best. An explosive game breaker is what we needed to balance out the roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
        • simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
          +2,288 /29
          Marty will do exactly what Watmough did when he first came into first grade. The guy was a wrecking ball.

He is exactly what we needed. Bring on 2016.

• Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Ratings:
          +16,521 /323
          I said a while ago , what we lack is an aggressive forward , a dynamic hooker (sorry MB), and a 5/8 to replace $Forme.

We have all 3 now, although I have a sneaking suspicion that a one year signing for Isaac John maybe somewhat of a "transition to 2017", when I expect we'll go hard for a 5/8 and a speedy back (or two) to replace Skivvy & KIller, both of whom I reckon might move on to the ESL at the end of this year.

• globaleagle

globaleagle Deux bourbons s'il vous plait Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
          +11,239 /94
          taupau's explosiveness....with Tamou's consistency!

maybe?

• manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
          +7,120 /151
          John and moltzen would be stop-gap players you would think.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +847 /7
            nah, just pass the ball early, very early!

• Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
            +3,292 /31
            If I was given the choice a month or so ago of any player taupau would have easily been in my top 2. The other would be Sam Burgess. We need a player like Taupau. He could become the worlds best back rower. And he has a quality you just can't teach, he's frightening. Some players just don't have it. Nathan Hindmarsh was a top player. He was never going to scare me. Taupau, Tallis, spud Carroll. These are players that smash defensive lines and worry the opposition with their physicality.

• Brisbane Eagle

Brisbane Eagle New Member

Ratings:
            +8 /1
            Mark was right apart from Killer going back to the U. K:)

• Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
            +5,060 /183
            Why not have both