Huge Rumour : Announced on MMM - Merged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: huge rumour

dceagle link said:
NRL spin doctors are denying everything as we read .

Funny that. So did Pakistan Cricket and the ICC.
The first response is always DENY, DENY, DENY.

If I was trying to fix a match I'd concentrate on the most influential person - the referee. Giving penalties late in the tackle count.... not that I'm suggesting referees are involved. But as I've said for several years, once you let gambling control the sport as the NRL has, then there will be corruption.

I find it interesting to often see at various locations on the northern beaches a current referee and ex player betting on everything and anything to do with nrl.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Dan I see a Legal Aid banner beneath the first post in this thread, is that automatically generated? The program must realise that some players and managers might need legal advice soon lol

The ad is for Bet Fair now... How ironic!

Barry Hyland link said:
If I was trying to fix a match I'd concentrate on the most influential person - the referee. Giving penalties late in the tackle count.... not that I'm suggesting referees are involved. But as I've said for several years, once you let gambling control the sport as the NRL has, then there will be corruption.

I would be surprised if some referees aren't involved.  Like you say, they are the most influential people on the field.  I have thought for some time that some of the bad decisions this year were made deliberately rather than incompetently. 

If anyone is proven to be involved, they should be rubbed out of sport for life.  This stuff makes me sick.

Im gonna becareful what i say here because i dont want to get dan in trouble.

This is just my opinion obviously.

It seems in this age of exotic betting as we have seen with the cricket people can be bought.

Hypothetically who is to say it stops with players.
Whose to say hypothetically NRL match officials couldn't be bought to manupilate betting outcomes.

I doubt it has happened but how do we know.

Matabele link said:
They'll investigate Bailey for impersonating a goat.
settle down lads Chris Failey could fix anything!!!!

all he can do is stiffle things eg attacking raids, defensive lines etc etc ;)

It'd be pretty bad if refs where involved in something like this - though you'd hope not. And if they are I'd be surprised if it was any great % of them.

Barry Hyland link said:

The blatant inconsistency and disregard of the actual rules by some referees this year is enough to make any fan suspect about their involvement in match fixing. There are probably 3 or 4 games this year that I can think of that the referees decided the outcome of with an incorrect decision. How is that allowed to continually happen  without questions being asked ? What was Finch's and Gallop's response to these glaring errors ?? Sorry we'll try and do better !! FFS. Don't you mean "sorry we'll try and make it less obvious next time". I'm sick of these clowns in pink ruining the game, I hope that some of them are involved in match fixing otherwise there can be no other excuse for such abject incompetence on their parts.

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=185345.msg294921#msg294921 date=1284509306]
Dan I see a Legal Aid banner beneath the first post in this thread, is that automatically generated? The program must realise that some players and managers might need legal advice soon lol

The ad is for Bet Fair now... How ironic!
[/quote]

Dan has asked people in the past not to comment on advertising on the page, it is generated automatically and part of the agreement might be that we don't negatively comment on it.

1.  Inevitable outcome.  Finger of responsibility must point squarely at Gallop for creating an environment of NRL supported/promoted gambling.

2.  The more officials the greater the key targets for match fixing bribery.  Another reason to dump the failed second ref & video ref systems.

Well it depends. I am not allowed to encourage clicks or really talk about things for the Google adverts.

The other adverts have less strict terms.

basically the Betting agency ones are all "pay per lead" and commission based as such I don't get paid per clicks on those.

The other ads however are different and as such I can not point them out or say much and certainly can not encourage anyone to click on them

It's a shame Dan is compelled to sign up for their advertising to continue to make the site viable. 

Matabele link said:
It's a shame Dan is compelled to sign up for their advertising to continue to make the site viable. 
I'd be happy to become a 'paid' member of Silvertails.
As long as he throws in a cap or t-shirt and promises not to shut the forum down midway through the season :)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185345.msg295013#msg295013 date=1284521681]
As long as he throws in a cap or t-shirt and promises not to shut the forum down midway through the season :)
[/quote]

In the process of selling my house, once that is done and I am re-settled in my new rental and can get my investment portfolio back on track, I should have enough cash flow to do an order of both T-shirts, caps and Coolers

Going to lay down about $1000 -$1500 in stock and hopefully sell it. If that goes well I will do more regular prints and orders.

Will be looking at doing good quality Embroidered Polo's with our logo on the front.

Hopefully that appeals.

If anyone knows any merchandising companies etc or has any one I can link up with to get the first stock please let me know.

Happy to keep it "in house" and help out someones business here rather than just go to any old company

Dan link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185345.msg295017#msg295017 date=1284521861]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185345.msg295013#msg295013 date=1284521681]
[/quote]

In the process of selling my house, once that is done and I am re-settled in my new rental and can get my investment portfolio back on track, I should have enough cash flow to do an order of both T-shirts, caps and Coolers

Going to lay down about $1000 -$1500 in stock and hopefully sell it. If that goes well I will do more regular prints and orders.

Will be looking at doing good quality Embroidered Polo's with our logo on the front.

Hopefully that appeals.

If anyone knows any merchandising companies etc or has any one I can link up with to get the first stock please let me know.

Happy to keep it "in house" and help out someones business here rather than just go to any old company
[/quote] Dan, when you move to the Coast we can work on this together.  I have a mob I work with - next time I do a large work run we'll get Silvertails stuff done and reduce the price significantly. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6