Huge Performance Yesterday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
84% completions.

Huge run metres - 1778

9 players running at 100m+

Big Marty 67 post contact metres, play the ball speed - 2.43s

Garrick - 12 tackle breaks.

Aloiai strong in defence - no missed tackles.

Despite huge disruptions to our line up with at least 6 of our main squad sidelined we still managed to score 7 tries.

If we get to full strength at any stage we are a top 4 team. Based upon this current squads performance, if we named the same squad vs Broncos I believe that we would see some more cohesion in attack and win fairly comfortably.

If we get both Olakau'atu and Schuster back next week I reckon we could score 40+ pts on the Broncos.

Definitely need to tighten up defence. But even Penrith showed in the last 15 minutes on Friday that no team can hold out the opposition if they have all of the ball.

The best coached answer in NRL 2022 to the defence troubles is to make sure you keep possession of the ball for as long as you can, so defence matters for less of the game time. DON'T DROP THE BALL FFS!

So in comparison to round 9 last season, we are currently 2 spots higher on the competition ladder and +57 diff.

Last year we didn't enter the top 4 until the second last round.

I am predicting us to hit our stride at some stage over the next 6-7 weeks and win 4 on the trot and be sitting comfortably in 5th place.

Olakau'atu could really make a run in the Dally M if he remains uninjured.

I still believe that Parker owns his centre position and his defence and gutsy runs are an important part of our game.

We take the win, the performance was not fluent due to so many changes during the week and a few new players. For 50 minutes it was pretty decent and after 18-0 up we dropped the ball and conceded 4 bad tries and fortunately we scored a few as well. After two defeats this was important.

84% completions.

Huge run metres - 1778

Despite huge disruptions to our line up with at least 6 of our main squad sidelined we still managed to score 7 tries.

If we get to full strength at any stage we are a top 4 team. Based upon this current squads performance, if we named the same squad vs Broncos I believe that we would see some more cohesion in attack and win fairly comfortably.

If we get both Olakau'atu and Schuster back next week I reckon we could score 40+ pts on the Broncos.

You forgot to mention it was against the team coming last (or near enough), who lost two key players late from their roster Nofoaluma and Lucianio Leilua.

Their best player Doueihi wasnt playing, neither was Dane Laurie, James Roberts and Tommy Talau just to name a few who come to mind.

Edge defence is a worry but with the disruption before kick off I guess we understand the reasons why it wasn't the greatest. The biggest worry is Harper who looks completely lost and struggling big time.

Marty, Josh A & Bully all led to that win yesterday , an admirable forwards performance.
Agree with the comment; being an old fart who grew up 700m from Brookie Oval, I remember " Bully" leading a Manly team which had no official mascot at the time.

He was the epitome of the "old style" FRF, tough as nuts and could run faster on a mudcake SCG pitch than at Brookie.

Please " retire " the Bully nickname in memory of the great Roy Bull.

Thanks.

Agree with the comment; being an old fart who grew up 700m from Brookie Oval, I remember " Bully" leading a Manly team which had no official mascot at the time.

He was the epitome of the "old style" FRF, tough as nuts and could run faster on a mudcake SCG pitch than at Brookie.

Thanks.
I get your issue but it’s what the kid is known as , ie he wants to be known as that , so what is one to do ??

Thanks.
He deserves to have a grandstand named after him.

Funny how we all see things differently.

Tigers had more players out than Manly.
Manly were helped a lot by the ref, which is a pleasant change
Manly struggled to get over the line, however lots of 6 again helped.

We are light years away from beating Melb or Panthers.

But a win is a win, but we need to improve in every area.

Garrick 12 tackle breaks, only a couple of years ago he couldn’t break and egg and got rag dolled every carry, the improvement has been immense with him
Him Turbo and Christian Tui can be the right back 3 to get our sets rolling and making big yardage. Tolu as well who's a very good yardage gainer. We've needed that for a long time. We can copy the mold of the Penrith's back 3.

84% completions.

Huge run metres - 1778

Although at times it felt we played ordinary in reflection it was a pretty decent showing. Especially when we consider Garrick missed a bunch of goals and our first try came 12mins before halftime! The stats you mentioned are solid. Really hope Schu and Guac are back Friday night

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8