Huge opportunity for an NRL franchise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I'm currently sitting on some inside information on a project that could reap some of the best NRL talent for an NRL franchise for the next 25-50 years or so.

Whichever club gets the foot in the door on this one is going to be set for playmaking talent, shall we say. Think names such as Cliff Lyons, Mark and Glen Ella, Preston Campbell, Dean Widders etc and ask what they all have in common.

I wonder if Manly has enough vision to see a gilt-edged opportunity?

Do you think Manly would have the infrastructure to accommodate Aboriginal culture and by taking a punt on young talent.

If the local authorities can't look after them how is Manly FC going to, especially if we’re expected to be the sole club to nurture them?

But I guess I’m way off track with my assumption.

Don't forget there are still a few dinosaurs in the pit at Narrabeen. They have enough vision to see where they will go for lunch but that is about it.

I am sure rusty would pay you a couple of million from his next movie to obtain the info. he could house them in the block which wouldn't be too far for training. A perfect fit me thinks at souths.

If they came cheap (free) then Manly might be interested. Wouldn't want to pay anything that might eat into the lunch budget.

the Dubbo housing commison area which has been in chaos of late?

read a article in the smh on wednesday about a young kid there who gave a talk about living there this week. some of the players were present!!!

although he wanted to play for Parramatta. poor misguided fella.

Actually involvement in this type of program may have benefits, Govt assistance in supporting minority groups, Funding from Federal departments looking after Aboroginal welfare. Certainly would help funding other players & rentention of players. Wonder if we get salary cap dispensations for the program. Would give us access to a pool of potential "greats" like cliffy & walker (pre powder days).

Umm rather than talking of Salary cap dispensations and federal handouts. maybe the main benefit of this sort of program is helping the kids out and giving them some direction???

Or is it all about money or winning a football match these days?

Umm rather than talking of Salary cap dispensations and federal handouts. maybe the main benefit of this sort of program is helping the kids out and giving them some direction???

at the end of the day it is Fro

Don't get me wrong, Manly's strength has generally been from the ability of bringing great juniors through the ranks. With the decline in the region of a strong Junior competition we have been lacking in this area to bring on replica's of Eadie, Randell, Blake brothers, Gibbsy, Thompson, Stewart etc etc etc. A program like this would hugely help in rediscovering this. The problem Manly has (as told by Crusher at the season launch - Byso was a witness) is that we don't have the funding available to promote the junior development. Clubs like Parramatta , Easts, Broncos are spending three times with a zero after what we are spending. So if I can a resource of players, and get financial assistance for doing it. I think it would be a huge lift for their community as well, because not only would they get access to playing football, but also get involved in the clubs education and life after football programs.

You say that as thought the two are mutually exclusive. What benefit would it be to have a fantastic development program to lose these players as you cant win a game and the club is broke.

I understand your point, but the way I see it, it could be a very smart decision both for the community and commericially.

I'm currently sitting on some inside information on a project that could reap some of the best NRL talent for an NRL franchise for the next 25-50 years or so.

Whichever club gets the foot in the door on this one is going to be set for playmaking talent, shall we say. Think names such as Cliff Lyons, Mark and Glen Ella, Preston Campbell, Dean Widders etc and ask what they all have in common.

Give Crusher a Call

Absolutely Spud and Melon, if we can beneift from the arrangement then by all means, unfortunately society in general these days has a "whats in it for me" attitude.

Nice piece of inside information ,but i had some inside information that somebody else had some inside information about some more inside information about people wanting to sound important because some how they gained some inside information !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4