howard trivia

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
An easier question would be how many intelligent polices has Kevin Rudd come out with. Easy - none.

Or what about the labour flip flop man Peter garrett. He canot even answer a question (or 5) about whether he supports the proposed new US base in Australia.

He obviously left his individualism on stage and now conforms to the labour machine.

heres one, - the Dragons will win the comp this year (he has said it for the past three years) wrong, wrong and ....wrong!!!!

Guys, and I am not having a go here, but I honestly don't get why people vote for Howard. I'm sure some of you could tell me what is bad about the ALP that makes you NOT vote for them, but what is it that is good about Howard that makes you vote for him?

Tookey I see you haven't joined the Conga line

No am old enough to remember what gough Whitlam did to our country.

I also worked in the lending department of a major bank when Keating put rates up to 21% and had to suffer for many years dealing with people who couln't afford to make their repayments any more., I attended too many realisation auctions on behalf of the bank during those years.

The current labour state government along with Bob carr will also go down in history as one of the worst and most incompetant goverments ever.

What have they done with all the billions of dollars that they made out of the property boom? Simply employ spin doctors in every department to cover up the true state of affairs.

You only have to talk to curent police, teachers or nurses to know what the real situation is.

Guys, and I am not having a go here, but I honestly don't get why people vote for Howard. I'm sure some of you could tell me what is bad about the ALP that makes you NOT vote for them, but what is it that is good about Howard that makes you vote for him?

Hi Gronk.

Do you own a house? Do you have a job?

During Howards time as PM the majority of people in Australia have seen their wealth increase substantially and have enjoyed continuous employment during this time. Unemployment is at a 30 year low and the australian economy is travelling along as good as it has ever been.

Don't get me wrong I think all politiciaans are wankers it is just that I believe Howard and liberal governments in general are better managers of the australian economy than labor parties are.

Labor politicians generally have grandiose ideas but the economic reality is that most are not feasible and would do considerable damage to our economy.

This coming from a bloke who lives at Seaforth and is a member of a well known Manly yacht club. 8D ;)

Come on Tookey how many of those people you sold up did you really feel sorry for?

OK, so the economy is going well, but it was booming well before Howard won in 96 and has simply continued to do so. What has he done to make it go better? I can't think of anything.

No, I don't own a house, and the main reason for that is that housing is currently the most unaffordable it has ever been, far worse than when interest rates were high under Keating.

As far as being better managers than labor, the highest interest rates the country has ever had were in the 80s, when Howard was treasurer.

This coming from a bloke who lives at Seaforth and is a member of a well known Manly yacht club. 8D ;)

Come on Tookey how many of those people you sold up did you really feel sorry for?

Everytime I sold someone up they had to put the loan files and contracts for sale in plastic sleeves so that the tears didn't ruin the file.

I admit sometimes they were tears of joy to be able to sell up another overcommitted property developer or company director who would blame the bank and not his own managements skills for his businsss failing. There were quite a few Christopher Skase clones around in the eighties,

I bought cheap in Balgowlah during a labor government created recession. You can buy assets for low prices when labor is in power and then wait for the liberals to get into government and then watch the value of your assets skyrocket.

Maybe all the young people want a federal labor government in power now so that house prices can go back to the eighties level and they can buy a couple?

I only joined the yacht club for the cheap beer (and perhaps also the view over the harbour). The way I am going the state labour party will put the club out of business (thanks to a five fold increase in rent to the government) before I even get to use my membership card.

Where is RSL Jones when we need him?

OK, so the economy is going well, but it was booming well before Howard won in 96 and has simply continued to do so. What has he done to make it go better? I can't think of anything.

No, I don't own a house, and the main reason for that is that housing is currently the most unaffordable it has ever been, far worse than when interest rates were high under Keating.

As far as being better managers than labor, the highest interest rates the country has ever had were in the 80s, when Howard was treasurer.

The fact that the economy was going well prior to 1996 was due more to good luck than good management.

Obviously the peple of Australia didn't have any confidence that keating would continue the progress after 1996 hence they voted him out and Howard in.

This website gives a report card on what Hward has done since 1996. http://www.pm.gov.au/

The fact that an economy is booming is often not down to one or two specific actions but more the fact that a liberal government instills confidence in the business community (ie employers) that they can investment in their business' (employ more people) and know that the government will not introduce stupid anti business policies.

Property prices have fallen in most areas over the past couple of years and obtaining a home loan is easier now than it has ever been with 100% loans etc.

tookey, just because you write "FACT" does not make it so. What you typed is purely opinion that has very little support in actual evidence.

The facts on economy is that they dont change rapidly in a month or 2 they change over a period of years.

Howard rode the good policies set in place prior to his first term - labor policies. Now that a lot of this has become outdated he relies on one industry to keep his head above water - the resourses sector. If it wernt for that boom we would be in rescession as our other primary sectors are shot, and our secondary sectors are feeling the heat big time.

property prices may have fallen but they are still far beyond afffordability for a lot of young families. Banks giving 100% home loans is not a good thing, it is a way for them to make money as they either 1. get more interest back or 2. get a house out of it which is currently over valued. Im sure Ryan could find out more info on the type of tests you require to pass for a 100% home loan, but from people at my work who live out west - well they have no chance.

as for the website - it howards own site. If you post that then am i to believe that you are fair in your thinking and accept everything a labor site says as gospel as well??

The fact that the economy was going well prior to 1996 was due more to good luck than good management.

lmao. That statement says it all. Your cred = 0.

So when Labor introduce sh*t that improves the economy it's good luck, but yet one of your major reasons for Howard being so great is his management of the economy? You're a clown. Thanks for the laugh.

Hopefully all the State candidates die and we gid rid of an unneccessary middle tier of government.

And then Rudd to win later in the year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4