How would the 2014 squad be doing now???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Just out of interest. Back in July 2014 Manly were running 1st with a bullet and were the pride of the NRL.

Had Manly kept this exact squad and gone with it in until 2016, at their current ages, where would Manly be on the competition table?.

Interested in your analyses.

NYEagle

Read thread incorrectly - ignore all the below which I will leave for entertainment & payouts only....

Top 4 definately
Maybe 1st or 2nd & a realistic challenge to Nth Qld.
In finals probably win it with defence as Sharks done tonight...key difference, Manly would score 4-5 tries unlike Sharks who were gritty , but really only managed an intercept try that cost Cows a 14 - 0 lead.

Last edited:
The team would just be struggling to be in the 8, injury riddled, not being able to absorb the power game and tank by season end.

The only positive is the extra ball playing options would keep the games more entertaining with reminders of our past golden era.

The lack of power plays were putting extra pressure on our halves and back-line to create reliable consistent go forward through more risky lateral spreads and our attacking output would be suffering from a lack of central penetration to create a conducive environment for our back-line moves to shine.

The early stages of the Souths semi of 2013 made it obvious where Manly were heading.

Let's see....

Negatives first...

Foran, Hiku, Matai, Lawrence, Ballin all out for the season, Lyon and DCE both out for a few weeks, Snake out of form.

But that's probably cancelled out by the fact we would have Hasson.

I'd say we'd be running first or second.

Well we'd have no Choc, no Foran, no Ballin, and no Hiku for a start. Add no Killer, no Matai, no BJ and no DCE and I'd say they'd be on struggle street just like the current team.

We'd go crap.
From our Round 18 team that thrashed the Tigers in July 2014, Hiku, Foran, Lyon, Matai, DCE, Ballin, and Lawrence are all unavailable injured.
King is retired.
Horo, Symonds, JSL, Hasson, and Lui are either trotting around in Europe or playing reserve grade.
Brett Stewart is a shadow of his top form, while Starling Buhrer and Tafua are probably not at 2014 level either.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7