How will we win it ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Enough of this Zorba/CEO crap. How will we beat the cowboys ? Weve played them twice once losing to them and once beating them. For me we win it in the backs (fingers crossed that snake and hoppa are back). Its going to be a tough slog in the forwards. We cant give away silly penalties and need to be tight on the fringes, thats where the cowboys strike with their long cut out passes, everyone needs to be awake, if we go into the game thinking were going to roll on and get a week off weve got another thing coming !

Copa Eagle said:
Enough of this Zorba/CEO crap. How will we beat the cowboys ? Weve played them twice once losing to them and once beating them. For me we win it in the backs (fingers crossed that snake and hoppa are back). Its going to be a tough slog in the forwards. We cant give away silly penalties and need to be tight on the fringes, thats where the cowboys strike with their long cut out passes, everyone needs to be awake, if we go into the game thinking were going to roll on and get a week off weve got another thing coming !

well said.

the cowboys got us in townsville where most people struggle.

we were off for the first 40 then came home strong and got that dodgy knock on ruling against lyon.

another 10 mins i think we get them so that loss shouldnt weigh to heavily.

agreed re fringes thoae cut out passes from mb and jt are there weapon of choice so need to be on our tows out wide.

i think we can get em in the forwards (sims gone) and roll from there.

will be tight but we should be pretty confident.

lasvegas said:
Copa Eagle said:

well said.

the cowboys got us in townsville where most people struggle.

we were off for the first 40 then came home strong and got that dodgy knock on ruling against lyon.

another 10 mins i think we get them so that loss shouldnt weigh to heavily.

agreed re fringes thoae cut out passes from mb and jt are there weapon of choice so need to be on our tows out wide.

i think we can get em in the forwards (sims gone) and roll from there.

will be tight but we should be pretty confident.

sorry i meant those and toes...

The usual comment will be stop Thurston & Bowen but the truth is the need to stop & slow down the play the ball - control the ruck. Scott will be their leader & big Tamou needs to be put on his back with no offload. Also this big young rich mans version of Carl Webb is a wreaking ball. The Cows are also deadly from 2nd phase play & kick returns. In a nutshell imo win the battle up the middle & the rest will fall into place.

Crunch time.

As for how we will win it, scoring 1 more Point than them would be a good start.

Play as if it is the last game! All the amazing talent to be on display. Dom't referee, and score an extra try as we always have a fair one disallowed. The infamous knock-on ruled one that Jamie set up, which rolled BACK 2metres was up in NQ

maybe you need a cliche alarm jatz, obviously there are some on here too thick to understand the joke...

Keep a close eye on the new second rower off the bench.he is an absolute powerhouse if they get good field position.

Run at, and through Thurston. He can't tackle with his busted shoulder. Manly by plenty. The Eagle will gorge itself on the dead cowboy.

DSM5 said:
Run at, and through Thurston. He can't tackle with his busted shoulder. Manly by plenty. The Eagle will gorge itself on the dead cowboy.

The absolute key to the game, he's not at 100%, I reckon at best 70%, starve him of possesion.....Eagles by plenty!!

Well said DSM!!

DSM5 said:
Fark mate I hope your right.

Cambo said:
DSM5 said:
Fark mate I hope your right.

Om nom nom cowboy!

But seriously can i just go the cheerleaders?

I wonder how man of our kicks will find touch or go dead. Wouldn't be a bad move bowen IMO is more dangerous returning kicks than slater

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6