How to beat the roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Titans game they had 56% to our 44% yet we scored 3 tries to their 2 and lost due to penalty goal kicking. If we dominate possession or get an even share we will win any game.

If I was Tooves, I'd take a leaf out of ol' cleanskin Ron Coote's coaching playbook:

Take out their MVP. Right Ronny?

Just ask Goldie Walker.

Direct a lot of the attack at Jake Friend (and Daniel Mortimer when he comes on). Even though their discipline has seemingly improved over the past month , Friend and JWH are more than capable of giving away match changing penalties . SKD can sometimes be a liability in defence , and their inexperienced wingers , while very promising , can make poor reads in defence. Their forwards earlier in the year weren't playing out the full 80 minutes , so a sustained effort is a must . I must say that I've been impressed with their attack . They look more dangerous in this regard when Daniel Mortimer is on the field.

By being the underdogs.

We fare way better when - " flying under the radar" - (yes the ole De$ chestnut) - but it is true.
We were crippled with pressure last year (injuries / suspension woes played a big part), but you could see the pressure.

This year written off as "too old' barely credited for making the top 8 and look how we are going this year. But it is only early.

The underdogs at Brookie will heap a whole heap of pressure on the Chooks and I hope they implode.

GO MANLY!!!:shy:

Phantar said:
If I was Tooves, I'd take a leaf out of ol' cleanskin Ron Coote's coaching playbook:

Take out their MVP. Right Ronny?

Just ask Goldie Walker.

Can you supply the anecdote to go with this acid comment referring to something in the late 70s I presume?

Ron Coote: supremely talented player from the brutal souths pack of the late 60s.

Goldie Walker: my Sea Eagles Shield coach 1978 (we won it).

Don't be so superstitious, the match will be won and lost on the field, not in the rituals played out on this forum. (I think)

Glen Stewart has to run straight, and provide himself room for his ball playing. Killer, Wolfie need more room from him.

The whole team including the backs have to tackle for 80 mins with GF style intensity, and keep the chickens score at NIL.

I dont mind if we win this one 6 - 0.

This is my recipe for success with the Chooks tonight –
2 tablespoonspaprika
1 tablespoon onion salt
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoonrubbed sage
1 teaspoongarlic powder
1 teaspoonground allspice
1 teaspoonground oregano
1 teaspoonchili powder
1 teaspoonblack pepper
1 teaspoonbasil leaves, crushed
1 teaspoonmarjoram leaves, crushed finely

The Roosters lost their first round home match against the Rabbitohs. They then beat the Warriors in NZ the following round. They should have had Canberra at Canberra but they defeated themselves that night after leading 16-0 at halftime.

IMO they have been the best team this season but I'm confident that we can get them tonight.

Pittwater Legend said:
The Roosters lost their first round home match against the Rabbitohs. They then beat the Warriors in NZ the following round. They should have had Canberra at Canberra but they defeated themselves that night after leading 16-0 at halftime.

IMO they have been the best team this season but I'm confident that we can get them tonight.

Lol... Serves me right for listening to Phil Rothfields stats. Should have known he would be wrong. I stand corrected.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2