How the NRL coaches rate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
**** me, I have read some garbage on this site, but are there seriously dribblers trying to tell me he can't coach ?

If you want something else on his CV, 2007 the Kiwis were a rabble, 2008 they won a World Cup with Bennett having a big hand in it. 2010 they bring him in the week of the final and win it again

Have to disagree about Bennett.  Its not the premierships which you should judge him on, its how they players play.  I'm struggling to think of too many players who don't improve under his coaching.  Just look at the how the dragons have improved and how the Broncos have gone backwards.  Brian Smith can't get the job done in the big one but his success rate in turning average players into good ones is excellent.  Des also has a pretty good record at turning cast offs into regular first graders.

I'm still struggling with Kearney....
"Today I rank the coaches in the NRL ".....
you're a f@ckin moron Rothfield!

Yeah i guess ur right Masked,i was judging on premierships,most of which have a bad smell when you take salary cap into account,his players do play better under him however when his around the bloke next to you is a better player to,his pay packet can account for it to

Jono link said:
Bennett said it himself, he will only go to a club with a winning squad. That's not the attitude of the greatest coach of all time. That is the attitude of a coach that's riding on the coat-tails of superstars.

A real star coach is one that takes a team of average players with a couple of stars and moulds them into a championship team: Phil Gould (1991), John Lang (2003), Craig Bellamy (if he'd won in 2006), Tim Sheens (2005), Daniel Anderson in 2002 and 2009 (he didn't win but he took nothing teams to the GF...twice) and the king himself Jack Gibson. These are real star coaches. I love Des and what he does but even he now has a team of superstars so he doesn't even compare to the coaches of these years.

If Dave Furner takes Canberra to glory in the next 2 years I would put him up there as well

You also have to look at what Anderson did in the UK to get the scheme of his coaching.

I'll add a few more coaches to your list Jono:
Brian Noble (Got the Crusaders into the ESL playoffs despite not having a full squad with two weeks prior to season kickoff, got Wigan out of the relegation zone a few years ago)
Brian McClennon (Won the Tri-Nations with a weakened Kiwi side you know the one beat Australia 24 - Nil, Success with Leeds)
Micheal Mcguire (Wigans current coach)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
f**k me, I have read some garbage on this site, but are there seriously dribblers trying to tell me he can't coach ?

If you want something else on his CV, 2007 the Kiwis were a rabble, 2008 they won a World Cup with Bennett having a big hand in it. 2010 they bring him in the week of the final and win it again
how many games is that  then ??he has been a sole coach for1 game & then jumps dessies into 2nd spot..  if he played the aussies 24 times each week & was ahead of the aussie  after 24 games i would accept that .. but becasue of 1 game he gets 2nd ??

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297824689[/time]

apparently peter sharpe also  a great assistant coach at parra before we got him.. yeah we won one game out of the 1st 5 ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297824839[/time]

theres an error there i cant be asssed fixing what i mean is if the aussies & kiwis had of played a game a week for 24 weeks & they were ahead after that time then yeah i would rate him but not for 1 game..

Fro link said:
Flanagan has been waiting in the wings for many years, hes a career coach, unlike these guys who stop playing and are a head coach 5 minutes later.

Not necessarily saying Fanagan will go the same way, but when I read this is reminded me a lot of what people were saying about Peter Sharp when he started.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4