How the F%$k did DCE get MOM?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You know another thing that royally pissed me off?
When Jennings played at Jamie's kick before it went into touch. Jamie then looks the touchie in the eye, pleading with him to say something about the wrong decision that had just occured. The touchie just looks blankly back at him..

We were attacking their line and should have got another set of 6, 5 metres out. This idiot touchie was watching the whole play, only metres away, yet he didnt interject and say anything. God these imbeciles kill me

I'm anti video-ref, but we are stuck with it so why isn't it used to its full potential? The incident above was clear for all to see, and there was plenty of time to reverse the call, yet the wrong decision stands. Why the video ref can't rule on forward passes is just stupid, especially when it is so obvious.
It seems the only time the video ref 'tips' the ref is when a player stays down after a tackle. They are corrupting the spirit of the game.
The way we use the video technology is like a gynecologist declaring that a woman is half pregnant.

I have always been a big supporter of the video ref. They got the simple things like that touch by Jennings right every time. They only ever got the subjective decisions wrong. If the video ref had been in full use last night the result may have been different.

Get rid of the 2nd ref and bring back the video ref.

The Who said:
I'm anti video-ref, but we are stuck with it so why isn't it used to its full potential? The incident above was clear for all to see, and there was plenty of time to reverse the call, yet the wrong decision stands. Why the video ref can't rule on forward passes is just stupid, especially when it is so obvious.
It seems the only time the video ref 'tips' the ref is when a player stays down after a tackle. They are corrupting the spirit of the game.
The way we use the video technology is like a gynecologist declaring that a woman is half pregnant.

This - Yes - Why? Surely if it can be used to improve the integrity of the game (for all teams), then why not effen use it.

There should only be one consideration. And that is to get the decision right no matter what as often as possible.

And if that means the video ref has to tip to the on field referee, so be it. And there should be no aspect of the game off limits. This can't rule on a forward pass crap needs to go.

Errors will be made. Humans are involved. But why do we have to make more than needed ? Can someone please explain that to me ?

simon64 said:
There should only be one consideration. And that is to get the decision right no matter what as often as possible.

And if that means the video ref has to tip to the on field referee, so be it. And there should be no aspect of the game off limits. This can't rule on a forward pass crap needs to go.

Errors will be made. Humans are involved. But why do we have to make more than needed ? Can someone please explain that to me ?

Spot on.

The video ref should get it right all of the time, agreed. But he doesn't, take that try by Taufua against Cronulla.

Read The Australian today. Bob McCarthy explains how they reached their decision and it's very compelling. Unfortunately I haven't worked out how to upload it via the IPad.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/voting-panel-split-over-cherry-evans-medal/story-fnca0von-1226734345427
Voting panel split over Cherry-Evans medal

Test selector Bob McCarthy has defended the decision to award the Clive Churchill Medal to Daly Cherry-Evans but not before admitting the selection of the Manly halfback had also split the voting panel.

Cherry-Evans was a controversial choice after playing on the losing team in Sunday night's grand final and was roundly booed by Sydney Roosters supporters when he walked on stage to collect his award.

The medal, for the best player in the decider, is chosen by the Australian selectors -- McCarthy, Bob Fulton, Des Morris and Allan Smith -- with each judge receiving one vote.

McCarthy, who was at the announcement of Australia's World Cup squad yesterday, said the selectors had discussed a number of players at halftime but had settled on Cherry-Evans with about five minutes to go in the match.

The Sea Eagles No 7 was the best player in a beaten side after coming up with one try assist, two line breaks and eight tackle breaks.

"We get told to pick the best player on the ground and the best player on the ground was Cherry-Evans," McCarthy said.

"I know it didn't look all that good but that's the way it is. We're like referees. You're not going to please everyone. I can't say (whether it was unanimous). Some were (comfortable), some weren't but that's the way it is.

"That's (the boos) got nothing to do with us. That's the Roosters supporters. If they look at the game and watch it again, they'll see he was the best player on the field."

Cherry-Evans became only the third player, alongside Canberra's Bradley Clyde and St George's Brad Mackay, to be awarded the Clive Churchill Medal despite playing in the losing side.

McCarthy rejected suggestions that five-eighth James Maloney, who had a hand in most of the Roosters tries, or backrower Sonny Bill Williams, who overcame a bad start to turn the game in their favour, could have been better options.

"Who would you give it to? No one from Easts," McCarthy said.:p

"Would you give it to Maloney? What did he do? Twice he got caught with nothing to do and they put the ball in the air and scored a try. That wasn't skill, that was luck, and you can't give a Churchill Medal for that or for kicking four goals.:p:p

"Sonny was awful in the first half. He came good with 10 minutes to go when Manly had their two front rowers and (Anthony) Watmough off the field.:p:p:p

"If you're being honest, Sam Moa was probably their best player but he played 40-45 minutes but you can't give a Churchill Medal for that. You've got to give it to a bloke who played out there for 80 minutes.

"It's a big bloody thing."

Cherry-Evans was selected in Australia's 24-man squad for the six-week World Cup tournament to be played in England, Wales, Ireland and France.

Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens said he wouldn't be surprised if he pressured incumbents Cooper Cronk and Johnathan Thurston for a spot in the starting side.

"I think over a six-week tournament, Cherry-Evans will certainly throw down the gauntlet for sure," Sheens said. "But knowing Cooper and knowing Johnathan, they'll be ready for the challenge."
--------------------------------
I totally agree with DCE's award - $5 @ 12 odds got my $60 :angel:

@NRLStats for Sunday shows that DCE's meters were
In the Top 10 GF Half Back performances.

I am amazed, that the last 20 minutes' performance by Easts, against a wounded Manly, would negate DCE's sheer control of the game in all your minds :huh:

Then again, the vitriol against Wolfie, is evidence of irrational judgement due to the disappointment of a loss of a game of footy :dodgy:

Manly 4 eva :heart:

DCE will be the Australian halfback before the end of the world cup. He is streets ahead of Cronk at the moment.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4